The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
roubiliac
you've only got yourself to blame if you didn't fill in the forms where required!

I did...and I even included a covering letter telling them about it.
Reply 781
Am Really confused - my household income is under 25K so I'm eligible for the maintenane grant. Have filled in all the things online, and am 80% through and it says

"You have requested the following support:

* Maintenance Loan
* Tuition Fee Loan "

So where's the maintenance grant come into it?
Reply 782
It is decided when your parents send proof of their earnings in.
Can you send your parents proof of earnings with your own application or do you have to wait for them to ask for it?

My mum's feeling the financial assessment form, is that the right one?
I asked in the other thread but i'll ask here too (since i'm rather desperate).
:frown:

How do i find out my ALIS ID? My parents need it to fill out the support section. Will they email me or my parents? All i have is a customer reference number.
I think your ALIS ID is your customer reference number so check the website and it should say.
Reply 786
After a phone call last night, I found out that Student Finance England cant find my course on their database. So I now have to contact the University.

How often does that happen?
Reply 787
How do i find out my ALIS ID? My parents need it to fill out the support section. Will they email me or my parents? All i have is a customer reference number.

I think your ALIS ID is your customer reference number so check the website and it should say.

The ALIAS ID is not your freakin' Customer Reference Number. Its a code that your parents use to help support your application, usually sent in a seperate letter to your parents. If you can't find it on the website, phone'em.
Reply 788
roubiliac
It is decided when your parents send proof of their earnings in.

I pressed apply or whatever and it says 'we are not expecting any evidence from you' - but don't I need to send them the parents earning thing?
It says they are still waiting for furhter information from my parents despite the fact that both received their evidence back. What does this mean?
It means there's most likely been a mix up because there's a backlog so call them or wait for a while till the backlog has been cleared.
Wooh, approved finally. They better have everything right on the declaration. :mad:
Reply 792
lnjames
Wooh, approved finally. They better have everything right on the declaration. :mad:

Unlikely, but good luck!
Reply 793
lnjames

when did u apply lad?

Arghhhh I've just checked my application and its gone from Awaiting Assessment to "Awaiting Further Information" when everything was sent off!!!!!

Ahhhh what shall I do now?!?!?!
Corky_LFC
when did u apply lad?

Arghhhh I've just checked my application and its gone from Awaiting Assessment to "Awaiting Further Information" when everything was sent off!!!!!

Ahhhh what shall I do now?!?!?!

I applied about a month ago. And that sounds a bit messed up, you should call them about it. :confused:
Reply 795
cherrion
After a phone call last night, I found out that Student Finance England cant find my course on their database. So I now have to contact the University.

How often does that happen?

That's not your responsibility. The SLC do have an HEI LIason team whose mandate is to get the course information from the universities.
Reply 796
I was told that I had to contact my university. But I can find the course on the finance estimator. Does that mean they do have the course on their database.
Reply 797
lnjames
I applied about a month ago. And that sounds a bit messed up, you should call them about it. :confused:

I think they've sent some forms out this morning, theres something that looks like its from student finance addressed to one of my parents, if it it this is a bit weird when they told one of my parents that they dont have to send there p60 in. We thought it was strange when they said that but we went along with it..
Corky_LFC
I think they've sent some forms out this morning, theres something that looks like its from student finance addressed to one of my parents, if it it this is a bit weird when they told one of my parents that they dont have to send there p60 in. We thought it was strange when they said that but we went along with it..

My parents didn't send a P60 in, but like I said it's already been approved. Might be because my older sister's had student finance for three years though.
Reply 799
lnjames
My parents didn't send a P60 in, but like I said it's already been approved. Might be because my older sister's had student finance for three years though.

I'm in the queue to them now, online it says my application is awaiting further information, but on the phone on the automated service it says its assessed and awaiting approval:confused: :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending