Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Yes; The Hawthorns.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 201
Sorry if this is a stupid question but in halls is there any chance you'd be forced to share a room?

Im quite a private person so id like to have my own room ( im not fussed about en suite or any of that). I dont mind paying more ( im assuming shared accomodation is cheaper).

Any advice would be really great, thanks.
Reply 202
There's some shared rooms in some halls - very, very few, though. It says in the accommodation prospectus which halls have them. I think there's about five shared rooms out of 400+ in Badock, for example.

If you put down that you want to be in a single room, there's a 99% chance you'll be put in a single room. If the worst happens and you get a shared room, someone else in your hall will move out after a couple of weeks, get your roommate to move into the new place, and you get a bigger (and cheaper) room to yourself!

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 203
Thanks for that.
Reply 204
I am international applicant with conditional offer for B.Sc. Accounting & Finance (NN43). Keeping in mind that I would prefer to be within 15 min. walking distance from my department/college, which hall you would advise? I would prefer a catered hall. Any current student - please guide me from your personal experience.
Reply 205
no need to post the same thing everywhere....

The nearest hall to the precint is The Hawthorns which is right in the middle of the three places you'll have lectures and tutorials as an EFM student. The next nearest would be Woodland Court. Both of those are uncatered.

The nearest catered Hall would be Clifton Hill House, which funnily enough is in Clifton and about a 20-30 minute walk to where you'll be studying.
Reply 206
db
no need to post the same thing everywhere....

The nearest hall to the precint is The Hawthorns which is right in the middle of the three places you'll have lectures and tutorials as an EFM student. The next nearest would be Woodland Court. Both of those are uncatered.

The nearest catered Hall would be Clifton Hill House, which funnily enough is in Clifton and about a 20-30 minute walk to where you'll be studying.

Many thanks. I sincerely appreciate your reply.
Reply 207
Hello.. so.. on friday I went to all the bars in the SB area [minus.. churchill]
and i have to say.. i take back what i said earlier [as in.. a few weeks ago] and I actually really liked nearly all the other halls.
It's **** that durdham bar is dead all the time.
I loved HB, university and Badock - they were lovely. and ridiculously cheap.
Are they all over-subscribed? [if you get me]
Alsoo.. what are the rooms like/dining hall [HB and badock]/kitchens[university] and.. everything else?

cheers [=
Reply 208
So we were right when we suggested your minimal experience of other halls might make your opinion rather biased?

HB, Badock and UH are all undersubscribed.
Reply 209
hence why I wrote 'I take back what I wrote earlier'
Reply 210
Can anyone tell me about Manor? Like, facilities/atmosphere/people? The site is rubbish. Are all the corridors single sex?
Reply 211
stepheh
hence why I wrote 'I take back what I wrote earlier'

Yes, I thought I'd emphasize the fact you've retracted your earlier comments, considering what an arse you made of yourself in the first place.
I have 2 questions...

1) how does the application process for accommodation work? what's the earliest you can apply for the halls? (there was a bonus question rolled in there)

2) i'm lazy and i can't find a suitable map, so: could anyone enlighten me as to which halls are closest to the philosophy department?

I don't like the sound of that '40 minute uphill walk' to the stoke bishop halls...
Reply 213
I don't know the answer to question 2, but for the first one: they say you can apply before you actually decide to put them as your firm. Deadline is July 12th, I think.
Reply 214
"i'm lazy and i can't find a suitable map, so: could anyone enlighten me as to which halls are closest to the philosophy department?"
Nearest:
Hawthorns
Woodland Court
Winkworth
(They're student houses)
Then:
Goldney
Manor
Clifton Hill House
(They're proper halls)
BTW, there's little or no variation depending which department you're in.
Reply 215
Hi, can anyone help me compare Badock and HB considering bathroom, bedroom, people, walk, socials etc
Cheers!!
Reply 216
I hate it when people ask the same questions in more than one thread.
Reply 217
Rui
I hate it when people ask the same questions in more than one thread.

:five:
May anybody please give me some additional informaion about Churchill Hall?? I cannot decide between here and Wills Hall. What are the people generally like? Which accomodation tends to be better?? etc..

Reply 219
*bites tongue*

Latest

Trending

Trending