The Student Room Group
Evabell
..defer your entry after receiving an offer for a 2009 start, and it is not possible, does your original offer still stand or would they then change / withdraw it?

Also, if they said yes to defer, are the conditions of your offer likely to change?

Thanks for any help!

The original offer will stand, so asking can lose you nothing. They have the right to change the offer conditions for a deferrral, but this seems unusual.
Reply 2
Good bloke
The original offer will stand, so asking can lose you nothing. They have the right to change the offer conditions for a deferrral, but this seems unusual.

Thanks that's great!
Reply 3
I myself am considering deferring my entry until next year. Am I still guaranteed a place on my chosen course next year or do I have to re-apply? Also, when is the deadline for applying to defer my place for a year?
Rocafella
I myself am considering deferring my entry until next year. Am I still guaranteed a place on my chosen course next year or do I have to re-apply? Also, when is the deadline for applying to defer my place for a year?

There is no guarantee they'll allow the deferral. The sooner you ask about it the sooner you'll know what they will do. There is no specific deadline, but universities don't like being messed around, so do it earlier rather than later.
Reply 5
Ok, thanks Good bloke. Is there a particular method I have to go through or do I email the administration at the University?
Rocafella
Ok, thanks Good bloke. Is there a particular method I have to go through or do I email the administration at the University?

Telephone or email initially.

Latest

Trending

Trending