The Student Room Group

End of interview questions

What questions do you ask?
If I'm feeling confident 'do you have any concerns regarding my suitability for the position?'
Original post by Old man1234
If I'm feeling confident 'do you have any concerns regarding my suitability for the position?'

That's not confident, that's called being a d**k, in other words arrogant. Arrogance is not the same as confidence.
You can ask almost anything about the company or the role itself. If you're being interviewed for a technology role for example, you may wish to know more about the tools being used in the company. Maybe you want to know more about something. You can also ask about progression opportunities. You can also ask the interviewers what they enjoy the most about their roles. It could be anything. Generally, you don't need to ask a hundred questions.

There are however things that you should never ask. Firstly, never ask about the salary because it can make you seem incredibly self-centred and just in it for the money. And also don't ask rude questions or anything.
Original post by username6060754
That's not confident, that's called being a d**k, in other words arrogant. Arrogance is not the same as confidence.

I disagree. And I don't like your tone.
Reply 5
Last week I asked if the role needed SC or DV and secondly what the biggest challenge for the team I'd be managing would be in the next 12 months.
Reply 6
I disagree. And I don't like your tone.

Agree fully, this was one of the best pieces of advice I was ever given at a BCS(British Computer Society) event. When you walk out of that interview its too late. Someone may have thought you arent suitable for x, y or z. When you leave its over. The last questions should always be something along the lines of is there anything we have talked about or not talked about that may leave you feeling I am not suitable for the role. I am more than happy to discuss or re-assure you further.

I have had roles which they have said well I thought you were too infrastructure focused so you can hit them back why you arent. CV is VERY difficult to not pigeon hole you or not look like a jack of all trades.
(edited 5 months ago)

depending on the course you are taking i probably wouldn’t say this if you are not king with the community
Reply 8
Original post by ERiC124
Agree fully, this was one of the best pieces of advice I was ever given at a BCS(British Computer Society) event. When you walk out of that interview its too late. Someone may have thought you arent suitable for x, y or z. When you leave its over. The last questions should always be something along the lines of is there anything we have talked about or not talked about that may leave you feeling I am not suitable for the role. I am more than happy to discuss or re-assure you further.

I have had roles which they have said well I thought you were too infrastructure focused so you can hit them back why you arent. CV is VERY difficult to not pigeon hole you or not look like a jack of all trades.

As an interviewer I'd never answer that.

In part you'd have been given the same questions and thus opportunity as everyone else.

In part as I not going to open up the last 5mins of the interview to say the (potentially) multiple counts where I think your examples hadn't met the mark.

In part as I wouldn't want to say you're suitable for the role, then not give you an offer (or potentially not put you on a reserve list).

In part as if I've done my job right, my clarifying questions should have got what I needed if its there without you asking.

In part as I wouldn't want a potential panel disagreement infront on a candidate.

A CV might be difficult in that regard, a covering letter isn't.
The good thing about advice is you can take it or leave it. And what you might feel is bad advice, someone else might see as good advice. Likewise with interviewing, some interviewers might not like that question and some might.
ask them when ur going to hear back from them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending