The Student Room Group

Mum found used sanitary towel and went mad

Today I was in the bathroom and changed my sanitary towel, and my mum was outside the door, waiting to go in. Obviously I didn't want to suffer the indignity of clutching it when I came out, so I stuffed it in a drawer so I could bin it after she came out.

However, my mum must have smelled it or something because she found it and went mad at me, telling me how disgusted and "sickened" she was that I'd done something like that. I left one in my room yesterday too apparently and must have forgotten to move it before I went to school, and my mum just went mental at me, saying she shouldn't have to clean up after me. I never intended to just leave it there, I was obviously going to move it; she just found it before I could.

I know that it's unhygienic and disgusting, and I just feel so ashamed and embarrassed, especially as we're meant to be going on holiday tomorrow, just us and my sister. My mum and I have barely exchanged a word all day, and I'm dreading the journey because it'll be so awkward. What do I do? I feel like I've been caught masturbating or something.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, it is a pretty minging thing to leave lying around. Why can't you put it in the bin? Invest in some of those little paper bags if you don't have a covered bin and don't want everyone to see.

Just apologise and don't do it again, it's not the end of the world.
Reply 2
don't you have a bin in your bathroom? :s
Reply 3
Get a small bin with a lid for your bathroom to dispose of them in to avoid this kind of thing in the future :smile:
Reply 4
what you left it just lying there in a drawer? not wrapped up in a tissue or anything......?

That's so gross!

Invest in a bin for your bathroom, apologise to your mum and don't do that again!
Apologise to her and don't do it again. I wouldn't let it ruin your holiday.
Reply 6
Just be honest with her, tell her you are sorry and will buy a bin for the bathroom, and tell her you would like to just forget about the incident because you are highly embarrassed.
Reply 7
oh god, I think I'll never be able to eat again....That's so disgusting. How old are you ? I could forgive you if you were like 13.
Get a bin or some of those bags. I think your mum's overreacting though.
Reply 9
...What? That's revolting, did it not occur to you to just wrap it in bogroll or the wrapper from the fresh one? ...And why do you not have a bin in the bathroom? AND surely if you don't have a bin in the bathroom you should be used to carrying used ones out and to another bin?
Yes as everyone above says get a bin! And don't be embarrassed, your mum has been through it all too (and still is depending on age). Just wrap and a tissue and and fold it up small so you can carry it out un noticed if you don't have a bin.
If you want to clear the air maybe just tell her you were embarrassed and say you would prefer a bin in the bathroom, maybe she wouldn't be so annoyed then. To be honest though, seeing as she doesn't know why you did it you can't blame her! It is quite unhygenic!
Reply 11
Whilst it's gross, obviously, it's not like you did it on purpose as a 'present' for her or anything lol - your mum has been really mean to you making you feel this way about it! (And people on this thread too; have you honestly never done something by accident that you regretted, didn't mean to do, was gross or highly embarrassing?)
Have your mon NEVER had them?
It's not like you leave it around and leave it there...you just forgot to put in the bin....your mum is worst than some guy I know....
Reply 13
OP that is pretty disgusting. Just wrap in up in the wrapper from the new one? Or toilet roll? Putting it in a drawer or on the desk is a bit minging....i'm not surprised she had a go at you.

All you can do now is apologise and actually make the effort not to do it again.
Ew.

Get some nappy bags.

She had every right to go nuts. Its revolting to clear other peoples bodily fluids up!
Haaaa.Although I'm only laughing because it's actually happened to me before! Yah bad bad times!
Reply 16
I think the best thing to do here is to apologise...and don't do it again (nappy sacks + bin ftw)
It is pretty gross and not nice to find. Was it not wrapped? she probably opened the draw and touched it by mistake.
Get a bin.
And apologise.
Reply 18
Christ guys, calm down, it's not like she **** in the draw.

Although you could've wrapped it in loads of toilet paper and walked out holding it in that.
You should probably get a bin.
Reply 19
A friend of mine had a flatemate's friend staying round one night - the next day after she left they found a used sanitary towel just left behind the taps on the sink in the bathroom.

:indiff:

Latest

Trending

Trending