The Student Room Group

Is this a racist letter?

Hello. A close friend sent this after being accused of being racist in regards to a former housemate over money owed etc...

XXXX I am sorry you feel this way. Now please give me the time to respond to your enlightened comments.

Please stop all this racial rubbish. You are a disgrace to everything forward thinking colored person in this country, you pull up the race card as a get out of jail ticket. People are not racist towards you, you are racist towards yourself. People like you are the reason for every biggoted group in this country like the BNP etc... you go around and use the color of your skin to your advantage. Shame on you. Similarly you use your religion as something which is beyond question.

It is for these reasons that I think you are thick. You conform to every stereotype of a typical black person, and yet you complain when people group you as such. Grow up. Realise people fought for everything WE have, and yet with your idiotic backward thinking ways you make a mockery of everything. You should be ashamed to call yourself either black or British.

Again it comes down to what me and others know you are. A sponger and cheapskate. People used to call you these things in the house, they also ridiculed everything about. I remember XXXX laughing at you for your black power idiocy. You are uneducated about this and thus should shut up. Have you read speeches by MLK or Nelson Mandellas autobiography? I have, yet you feel you are the enlightened one.

So now go off, complain about racism and other injuctises againsts you. However that is all you will amount to, a winger. Black people will be embaressed by you, and others will be amused and annoyed. Please go ahead and read Barack Obama's books, I have - then you will see what he has to say about people like you. It is not others calling you a "******" it is yourself saying that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No that's not racist. It's common sense.
Reply 2
Its delicious. But not racist
Reply 3
imo No.
Not racist at all mate. This former housemate sounds like a bit of a tool for using race as a smokescreen for whatever idiocy he has. You do well to pull him up on it.
Reply 5
Note the American spelling of "coloured".
Reply 6
You got owned.
Reply 7
I don't think its racist no. Its merely a statement of facts. Have to say though, they should've proof-read it :/
I'm really tempted to print this out and give it to about 15 people I can think of.
azhao
Note the American spelling of "coloured".

lol
Reply 10
I didn't write it. Was just interested after being shown it. What does one person mean about being owned?
Wow was this directed at the OP? It's not racist, it's very insightful, very well written and thought provoking.
Reply 12
Reply 13
It's not racist. I can certainly think of someone I feel like sending something like this to.
If it's a critique of someone covering up their faults by playing the race card then no it's not racist.
Harsh, but no I don't think so.
lol at some of the reactions on here, its not THAT well written for someone who is apaprently enlightened... but we don't know what the other person has been doing do we?
Reply 17
The letter is not racist, it actually provides argument against the person using the racist card. The 'card' should only be used when actually relevant and necessary not when trying to avoid paying bills and as a guard.

edit: but the person who used the card may have good reason to do, so although the letter aint racist it maybe incorrect.
Not racist imo
Reply 19
Not racist, but given what it says in the letter, the person its aimed at may take the parts refering to race as being racist! (And also, it would be a good idea to make sure grammar is as good as possible when calling someone uneducated :tongue:)

Latest

Trending

Trending