The Student Room Group

Please Help!

Not feeling too good right now :frown:

Basically its the fact i have friends who dont care at all about me. Before i badly bruised my knee cap, couldn't move it for 10mins, and they were jumping on me, sticking things down my pants and kicking the ball @ me. Didn't help me in any way whatsoever, just left me to roll round like a Brazillian Diver (except it was really hurtin). But then, just 20mins from now, i was judged by them as ugly, and they didnt ask me to attend a party on that basis :eek:. Some friends eh? That then is the main reason. Another is the fact i've just had to walk home alone for 30mins because nobody wanted to walk back with me :frown: They dont care one bit, i just feel soo alone right now, and the only place i can turn to is here :frown: Its not like i'm annoying, always try and stay on the good side of peeps, but maybe its cause i take games with them too seriously. It also annoys me when they give up when i play :eek: , that really hurts :frown: . I know i should go out and get new friends, but tbh i dont know how :eek:, i just have extreme shyness in real life when talking to new people.... I only just started talking to my form tutor (whom i've been with for 5 years :eek: ). Please help someone, this is horrible, i dont know what to do :frown:

Oh, again, i sent them a text sayin i'm not feeling too good, and they reply with; "Hey Ste, Where ya floatin?"

I've been so thinking of just diving in front of a car on the way back, but couldn't put myself to it in the end.
oh cool, i'm feeling much better already............. now its TSR........ :frown:
Reply 2
Not really sure what advice I can give.

All friends can be arseholes at times.... do they understand that you mean it, and are genuinely upset by it? If not, explain to them. If so, get new friends.
I used to be like them... because I figured that bad friends were better than no friends... now I've started college Im a totally new person, I can tell people to f*ck off if they annoy me, and I have the confidence to pick and choose friends and get what i want when I want it... It sounds wierd but, im now the one thats helpin other people get involved... Im the confident one... The one I used to count on to involve me... If you see a group of people you think might be kool to hang with... go up to them, talk to them, they aint better than you, they aint anything special... we're all human at the end of the day... no one should feel like ;ess than neone else... JUST TALK TO PEOPLE... thats the simplist way around it mate...

Hope I helped (even if only a likkle bit...)
Mr. Saiamana....whatever you do DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE BEFORE I GIVE YOU YOUR REP!! I couldnt live knowing I didnt show such a nice person how nice he is (am i making any sense here lol) :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

you are one of the best members on TSR and the only one that truly appreciates my sig for its worth...thank you for existing and making TSR a better place :smile: :smile:

everyone with me ------> :party: :party: :adore: :congrats: to MR SAIAMANA :biggrin:
Ahhh bro, a few years ago I stopped hanging around with some of my mates because I didn't get on with them very much. But now looking back I can see that they were just w*nks and the reason I didnt get on with them was because no one did really, they got on well together, but had no idea outside of that.

The problem is although you might not get on with these people, you feel that you are stuck with them because who else are you going to be friends with. Now seriously the only person that can get you outa this is you... go to a class or club of somesort, like muay thai, or boxing, how about an evening class in something? The point is to just get yourself out there and be sociable, meet new people.

Some people are just nasty, but believe it or not there are friends out there who build you up and don't knock you down, its just a case of finding them, and if you conduct yourself in real life like you do on here from now on it won't be long before you have more mates then you have time!
Mad_Monkey59
and if you conduct yourself in real life like you do on here from now on it won't be long before you have more mates then you have time!

Really??

Also, its so easy to type words here on tsr, no confidence required, but its different in real life :frown:
Mad_Monkey59
Ahhh bro, a few years ago I stopped hanging around with some of my mates because I didn't get on with them very much. But now looking back I can see that they were just w*nks and the reason I didnt get on with them was because no one did really, they got on well together, but had no idea outside of that.

The problem is although you might not get on with these people, you feel that you are stuck with them because who else are you going to be friends with. Now seriously the only person that can get you outa this is you... go to a class or club of somesort, like muay thai, or boxing, how about an evening class in something? The point is to just get yourself out there and be sociable, meet new people.

Some people are just nasty, but believe it or not there are friends out there who build you up and don't knock you down, its just a case of finding them, and if you conduct yourself in real life like you do on here from now on it won't be long before you have more mates then you have time!
#

awww James you're so sweet :smile:
There is very little difference, it justs takes practice.

You are not going to wake up one day and be confident, you need to work at it... its just about taking little steps. Try this.

Next time you are walking around, just say hi to 5 people you dont know, at the bus stop in a shop where ever, smile and be charming, the reaction is often surprising, and if you get a bad reaction its them not you. This will be difficult at first, but soon it just becomes like a second nature...

The trick is not to care, just get on with your life, be sociable and confident, even if you dont feel like it. Blag it.
Mad_Monkey59
There is very little difference, it justs takes practice.

You are not going to wake up one day and be confident, you need to work at it... its just about taking little steps. Try this.

Next time you are walking around, just say hi to 5 people you dont know, at the bus stop in a shop where ever, smile and be charming, the reaction is often surprising, and if you get a bad reaction its them not you. This will be difficult at first, but soon it just becomes like a second nature...

The trick is not to care, just get on with your life, be sociable and confident, even if you dont feel like it. Blag it.

Now that is gr8 advice. Ty :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending