The Student Room Group

Know of any summer projects abroad?

I have been looking around for a summer project for next year. The reason is I dont fancy taking a whole year out, so instead I want to go abroad between my first and second year of uni.
All i have found is camp america and Bunac, but because it is 3 months long it seems a bit tight to whether I will return back from it in time for uni in September.
Does anyone know of any 2-3 month placements in USA or Canada that involve projects in journalism or media? Ta x
Most camps with Bunac finish in the last week of August, some, like one have one extra week. I am scheduled to return on the 6th of September. My uni does not need me there, for moving in until 26th September! Just check next years dates of your uni and it should be fine.
Reply 2
update: Ive looked into the bunac one some more and have decided to do "work america". They let you choose your own job (you have to basically find it yourself if you want a good one) so im gonna contact some US employers and see if they have any vacancies next year!
I dunno if it will get me anywhere though cos i doubt many companies plan their internships that far ahead??

Latest