The Student Room Group

Can I do another masters after my Meng?

I'm curious as to what my options are, I'm in my second year of uni, and I have 3 more to go. The thing is I'm not really sure I wan't to be an engineer, I guess I have to go on a placement to see what it's like first. However, if I decide not to go down that route, could I do a masters in a different subject, and would it have to be related in some way to engineering or not?
Reply 1
You can do what you want. you could even do a masters in dance and culture if you wanted.
Reply 2
Yes. As long as you have the prerequisites as stated in the prospectus. eg. some finance course will ask for a highly numerate first degree but others may ask for a economics or finance related first degree. Do some research you''' see what I mean.
Reply 3
fxytimi
You can do what you want. you could even do a masters in dance and culture if you wanted.

Or Agriculture and Farming...:ninja:
Reply 4
Can you swap to a BEng?
Reply 5
bluenoxid
Can you swap to a BEng?

Yeah but I don't want to do that yet, it's early days in my degree so who knows what will happen. Would it not be more beneficial to acquire a Meng first though?
Reply 6
accredited MEng = accredited BEng + accredited MSc. As far as getting chartered goes anyway.
Reply 7
Well, if you dont want to be an engineer, an MEng is going to be a waste of time for most people.
Reply 8
bluenoxid
Well, if you dont want to be an engineer, an MEng is going to be a waste of time for most people.

I see what you mean, but it won't cost me anything to do the Meng year as the fees will be paid by saas. Plus in the final year you can take lots of different subjects not related specifically to engineering, such as economics, business etc. Still I have to wait and see, I honestly have no idea what I want to do when I finish uni, I kinda wish I'd took more time thinking about what course to take, but it's not like my course is really horrible.

Latest