The Student Room Group

Law or Drama?? :S:S

Ok sorry for this but I would like some help :smile: xx
Right, I want to become either a barrister or an actress. Two different combinations I know.

For my a-level choices I have chosen:-
- History
- English Lit
- Theatre Studies
- French

Will these subjects be ok for both areas and allow me to keep my mind open? thank you so much :smile:

If you could maybe post some info about law or drama in here I would be grateful :biggrin:
Reply 1
Boring V Fun is how I look at it.
Yeah, that's a fab set. If you decide you want to go for law after your AS, then you can drop drama and vice-versa.
Reply 3
CiaraKiwi
Ok sorry for this but I would like some help :smile: xx
Right, I want to become either a barrister or an actress. Two different combinations I know.

For my a-level choices I have chosen:-
- History
- English Lit
- Theatre Studies
- French

Will these subjects be ok for both areas and allow me to keep my mind open? thank you so much :smile:

If you could maybe post some info about law or drama in here I would be grateful :biggrin:

Your stated AS Level combo is perfect, for Law unis would rather you did strong essay subjects such as History & English Lit than Law at A-Level. And French is always an added bonus because so few people do languages at A-Level. And its great for being an actress as well because you will have shown you can handle the practical & theoretical side.
Reply 4
Thank you all so much x :smile:
Reply 5
It depends on what grades you are predicted for A2. Law is a very competitive course and so to get into a decent University, you will have to have quite high AS grades and strong A2 predictions

But like previously stated, those are strong subjects to study law, that will give you the edge when applying to university.
Reply 6
But you should also study something which you enjoy. Go to court cases at your local crown court to get a feel for what it is really like.

Latest