The Student Room Group

A levels for Law at uni. HELP?!

Right im in a bit of a pickle. Got to decide which 3 subjects to take to A2 out of:
History, Spanish, English Language, Law

I want to do law at uni. Have been advised by some teachers that law A level is not great if you want to do it at uni and to drop it at AS. Also seen on uni websites etc that while it's not discouraged, its not encouraged either and that traditional subjects seem to be best. However, my law teacher has said that if I drop law after AS it will show lack of commitment to the subject and I wont get on a law course at uni. She said you either have to take it, go through to A2 and do well or not do it at all. So I just dont know now, I had been planning to drop law but am now really worried it would ruin my uni application (when I had intended the opposite!) What do you think?
Taking all 4 is an option at my college, but I dont think I'd cope. Dropping history and spanish isnt an option, guess I could drop english instead of law but would much prefer to carry on with english.

Thanks x
Reply 1
History, English Language, Spanish are probably the best of them.
You really don't need Law to study it at uni.
English lit would be better than language, though.
Reply 2
A-Level Law is just a general overview of legal principles/systems when compared to the actual LLB itself. Of the few in my lectures that I know studied Law at A-Level, not one of them said it gave them any sort of an advantage over the rest of us who didn't study it.

Out of the list there, I'd say ditch the Law.

Latest