This Week (21/04/09)
Weight= 296.6 LB (Loss of 2.4lb)
Body Fat= 29.7% (Decrease 0.7%)
Visceral Fat = 16
BMI = 38.9 (Decrease 0.3%)
BMR = 2718
Muscle Mass = 36.2% (Increase 0.1%)
Body Water = 51.5% (Increase 0.4%)

weight loss has slowed down significantly.. i can pinpoint the reason too.. the fact is, i'm not eating properly again.. some days are fine, some days are not so.. i really need to get on top of this because the fact that i am still losing weight and eating what can only be described as **** is an indicator that i am throwing away a good chance..

gym has gone down from 7 days a week to 4 days a week and it's very annoying.. REALLY need to get on top of things and take things one day at a time.. i think this is a result of setting long term target which seem miles away, it gets daunting and maybe it makes me feel defeated.. so i will take the one day at a time approach again..

Al
Reply 121
Last Week (21/04/09)
Weight= 296.6 LB
Body Fat= 29.7%
Visceral Fat = 16
BMI = 38.9
BMR = 2718
Muscle Mass = 36.2%
Body Water = 51.5%

This Week (28/04/09)
Weight= 293.2 LB (Loss of 3.4lb)
Body Fat= 29.3% (Decrease 0.4%)
Visceral Fat = 16
BMI = 38.4 (Decrease 0.5)
BMR = 2718
Muscle Mass = 36.3% (Increase 0.1%)
Body Water = 51.8% (Increase 0.3%)

Things starting to get back to normal... most of this week was fine, got better as the days passed by.. targetting 289lb for next week..
Reply 122
Last Week (28/04/09) (Start Week 9)
Weight= 293.2 LB
Body Fat= 29.3%
Visceral Fat = 16
BMI = 38.4
BMR = 2718
Muscle Mass = 36.3%
Body Water = 51.8%

This Week (05/05/09) (Start Week 10)
Weight= 288.8 LB (Loss of 4.4lb)
Body Fat= 28.9% (Decrease 0.4%)
Visceral Fat = 15 (Loss Of 1!! :smile: )
BMI = 37.9 (Decrease 0.5)
BMR = 2670
Muscle Mass = 36.6% (Increase 0.3%)
Body Water = 52% (Increase 0.2%)

:awesome:

in 10 weeks i've lost around 40lbs.. i'm on target to weigh 98kg by september 20th.. things are good, just need to blitz these exams! :biggrin:

things are finally starting to shape up on my body too.. i can see my shoulders, leg muscles, arm muscles and my belly and moobs have gone down so so much.. my hang on the belly has lifted alot too..

i have pictures i take every 5 or so weeks, once i complete this diet i will post them up for you all to see, but for now they are for my eyes only! :smile:

Reply 123
also, can anyone tell me how i can rename this thread?

Cheers.
Reply 124
Sos have no idea how to rename the thread but congrates on the weight loss.....you're doing really well!! :biggrin:
Ali M
also, can anyone tell me how i can rename this thread?

Cheers.

To rename the thread, click the edit button on your post and then change the title there.

Well done on your weight loss. What kind of exercises have you been doing?
Reply 126
Wow.. how things change over the period of one month.
Since the last time i posted i had a number of very important exams, and naturally, my diet and excercise took a huge hit.. i stopped going to the gym and i had to eat a lot for concentration.. basically it's been 5 weeks since ive eaten "properly" or been to the gym, but all is not lost.. i finished my exams last week and now i have nothing but free time to catch up on this.. i still have the same target.. to weigh 98kgs by september 21st.. there is no point in changing my goal because that in itself would demoralise me.. so im going to put 110% in as of today, and kick off where i left it..

the big question this morning was, how much weight have i put on in the last 5 weeks? hmm.. looking in the mirror, i would have guessed 10-16kg.. so anything in that range, i wouldnt be surprised.. i'd be dissapointed, but not surprised.. so the dreaded weigh in came and i couldn't believe my eyes.. in the five weeks of poor diet and hardly any excercise.. i'd only put on 3.8kgs.. it's still alot, but nowhere near what i imagined..

so what now? ALOT of excerices, i'm talking hour after hour, daily.
Gym, followed by football on the beach, cricket in the park, cycling.. making the most of the sun to be able to maximise excercise out of the gym..

I have split the beggining part of my diet into two phases:

Phase One: The Kick Off - I Lost Approx 20kg In 10 Weeks.

Phase Two: The Exams/Half Time- I Put On 3.8KG in 6 Weeks.

Phase Three: The Final Push - I Have 13 Weeks To Lose 35.8Kg (2.75Kg Per Week)

Working in Lb's, that means i am aiming to lose 6.1Lb's a week.. now to put that into actual diet and excercise context

6.1 lbs = Losing 213500 Cals a week

=

Losing 3050 Cals Daily
How to do this?

My BMR Currently Stands at 2708
Therefore,

Daily Excercise = 1842 Cals
Daily Intake = 1500 Cals

i'll tweak these numbers a bit and say..

Daily Excercise = 2000 Cals
Daily Intake = 1650 Cals

So.. that's enough number crunching and back to the hard work, which im sure i'll enjoy.. "Let's Do This Ting!"
Ali M
Since the last time i posted i had a number of very important exams, and naturally, my diet and excercise took a huge hit.. i stopped going to the gym and i had to eat a lot for concentration.. basically it's been 5 weeks since ive eaten "properly" or been to the gym, but all is not lost.. i finished my exams last week and now i have nothing but free time to catch up on this.. i still have the same target.. to weigh 98kgs by september 21st.. there is no point in changing my goal because that in itself would demoralise me.. so im going to put 110% in as of today, and kick off where i left it..

the big question this morning was, how much weight have i put on in the last 5 weeks? hmm.. looking in the mirror, i would have guessed 10-16kg.. so anything in that range, i wouldnt be surprised.. i'd be dissapointed, but not surprised.. so the dreaded weigh in came and i couldn't believe my eyes.. in the five weeks of poor diet and hardly any excercise.. i'd only put on 3.8kgs.. it's still alot, but nowhere near what i imagined..

Gym, followed by football on the beach, cricket in the park, cycling.. making the most of the sun to be able to maximise excercise out of the gym..

Working in Lb's, that means i am aiming to lose 6.1Lb's a week.. now to put that into actual diet and excercise context

=

Losing 3050 Cals Daily
How to do this?

Therefore,

Daily Intake = 1500 Cals

Daily Intake = 1650 Cals

So.. that's enough number crunching and back to the hard work, which im sure i'll enjoy.. "Let's Do This Ting!"

That's too unhealthy a target mate.
Reply 128
This Week (21/06/09) (Start Week 11)
Weight= 295 LB
Body Fat= 29.5%
Visceral Fat = 16
BMI = 38.7
BMR = 2708
Muscle Mass = 36.2%
Body Water = 51.6%

For those of you who are just new to following this blog, i get these figures using the Salter MiBody scales..

This Weeks Target: Lose 6.1 lbs.
Reply 129
Brotherhood
That's too unhealthy a target mate.

Hey mate, what's unhealthy about this?
EDIT: Never mind.
Reply 131
Brotherhood
I know you're heavy but 6lbs a week consistently for three months is unhealthy. + that can't be your BMR x daily activity level if you're doing 2,000Kcals worth of exercise every day, your maths is wrong.

BMR X Daily Activity?

what do you mean? i'll explain my math to you.. my BMR is 2708Kcal per day, my excercise is 2000kcal per day, thus the total calories used per day is 4708. that coupled with an intake of 1650 cals per day leaves a defecit of 3058Kcals daily..

where am i wrong?..

When you say it's unhealthy.. how do you mean? i spoke to my GP and he told me that so long as i was not depriving my body of food (basically starving myself) and that i excercised regularly he couldn't see what was wrong with what i was doing, but he did say that there was a risk that i could put it all back on if i dont persist and that once i stop dieting or if i reduce excercise, i should do it slowly, rather than come to a complete halt..
Reply 132
Brotherhood
EDIT: Never mind.

Why? i'm interested to know your opinion since you do know what your talking about based on your blog.. what's wrong with what i said?
Ali M
Why? i'm interested to know your opinion since you do know what your talking about based on your blog.. what's wrong with what i said?

Alright, well, a BMR of 2,700 needs to be multiplied by 1.2 at least for your sedentary activity level. That's 3,240. +2,000 Kcal exercise. That's 5,240. That's an extra lb a week. So you'll be losing 7lbs a week. Consistently for three months that's a lot of weight, an extra 12lbs.

It's a lot of weight mate. You're depriving your body by a long way, losing weight faster than it wants to, for a long period of time. You may think you're getting enough calories in, but you're in a massive deficit. Along with all the usual health risks you're risking finding yourself with a lot of loose skin in the end and equally unhappy with your body.

You're bigger and should expect to lose more than average some weeks, especially as water weight comes off, but 7lbs a week every week for three months is silly. Be patient, do it properly, eat a bit more food or do a little less exercise. That's if you can even hack that much exercise on that little food every single day, you're more likely to come off the bandwagon and put a load back on.
Ali M

=

Losing 3050 Cals Daily
How to do this?

Therefore,

Daily Intake = 1500 Cals

Daily Intake = 1650 Cals

Hey man, hope you achieve your goals. Im 6ft 2, but like 60kg lighter than you! How did you get soo big? ps you dont look that fat in your profile pic.

Also what are your gym stats? bench press/squat/deadlift etc......
Reply 135
Brotherhood
Alright, well, a BMR of 2,700 needs to be multiplied by 1.2 at least for your sedentary activity level. That's 3,240. +2,000 Kcal exercise. That's 5,240. That's an extra lb a week. So you'll be losing 7lbs a week. Consistently for three months that's a lot of weight, an extra 12lbs.

It's a lot of weight mate. You're depriving your body by a long way, losing weight faster than it wants to, for a long period of time. You may think you're getting enough calories in, but you're in a massive deficit. Along with all the usual health risks you're risking finding yourself with a lot of loose skin in the end and equally unhappy with your body.

You're bigger and should expect to lose more than average some weeks, especially as water weight comes off, but 7lbs a week every week for three months is silly. Be patient, do it properly, eat a bit more food or do a little less exercise. That's if you can even hack that much exercise on that little food every single day, you're more likely to come off the bandwagon and put a load back on.

i see what you mean.. now i understand, cheers..

i'll take on board what you say, but for the first few weeks im going to try my way and see how it goes.. before i was losing on average around 4.4lbs a week and was seeing no negative side effects.. i'll give my way a try.. but in the end it seems you will be right and that i will have to tone down my regime.. keep an eye out for progress on this blog.. any of your advice in future will be appreciated..

don't think i've just ignored what you said.. i will give it a try eventually.. i just want a little boost in the beggining..

Cheers.
Reply 136
thegreatest
Hey man, hope you achieve your goals. Im 6ft 2, but like 60kg lighter than you! How did you get soo big? ps you dont look that fat in your profile pic.

Also what are your gym stats? bench press/squat/deadlift etc......

Hmm.. people are usually surprised when i tell them i weigh that much.. but i do..

gym stats.. are non existant.. i just do cardio.. the cross trainer, for around an hour.. everyday.. its worked fine so far..
Reply 137
Good luck:top:

Latest