The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'd love to be able to read, but i cant concentrate much and i read so much regarding studying, ii really cba to read any more haha
*See's that all the people posting sex in this thread aren't at uni.*

I lold.
yeah uni really isnt all about sex... you only find that out when you get here lol.

*waits for people to tell me its just because i'm not getting any :smile: *
learn a new language
trainfarequestion
i'd love to man i'm a huge FIFA/pro evo fan, but i cant afford either the console or the tv or the tv license :frown:

You don't need a TV license if you're just using it for the games console.

But to stay on topic, how about music/theatre?
alex_hk90
You don't need a TV license if you're just using it for the games console.

But to stay on topic, how about music/theatre?

been to the theatre twice... its absolutely amazing, but im poor:frown:
Reply 26
then i really think you should consider a job
Reply 27
it'll give you something to do (work) and the rewards (money) will let you do the things you can't afford to do, plus you could meet new people (at work) with whom you can do things outside of work lol
Tsr.
is a job not a bit unrealistic now? there are hardly any available and I doubt they'd want a student who'll be going back home for the easter hols pretty soon... i can't really think of all that much else to add- try and get out around people definitely, when you're stressed with work it's best not to isolate yourself, can make things seem much worse!
farhaz_j
it'll give you something to do (work) and the rewards (money) will let you do the things you can't afford to do, plus you could meet new people (at work) with whom you can do things outside of work lol

hmm well i have so much uni work though, im kinda looking for unstressful things to do... trust me, i've had some bad experiences with customers when i've worked in the past:smile:
Reply 31
look outside of retail then
Ever heard of reading?
Reply 33
Watch films
play a sport, these more sports them just football or rugby
Reply 35
Don't you have friends to go out with? or if you can afford to go out then to go round their flats etc?
farhaz_j
look outside of retail then

examples? i dont know a single uni student who works outside of retail
World of Warcraft, no need for anything else in your life.
trainfarequestion
cool any recommendations? i dunno why but i used to love pc games, but kind of went off them since a levels.
can u recommend any good games? preferably offline ones cos we cant play online at uni.
i like any genre really, RTS, shooters etc

I'd recommend Command and Conquer: The First Decade - about £10 for 11 RTS games (about 20+ campaigns) and one FPS (not that great, but I enjoy it). I'm saving it to do at uni when I have nothing else to do. :tongue: Sure they're a bit old, but they're still good games.
Reply 39
Awoodrow is right, the CnC games are great =D...I've got every single one of em =d

Latest

Trending

Trending