The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PQ
As I stated in the other thread vienna, mods can post in locked threads without the thread being unlocked - it's just like posting in any other thread...there is no obvious indication from within a thread that it has been locked.

I didn't notice that you'd closed the thread until after pretting submit going back to the main TSR page, reading the thread in ask-a-mod and then returning to about.

I unlocked the thread as I had a hunch you would like to reply

hmm, about as convincing as the U turn on musicboys post.
Vienna
hmm, about as convincing as the U turn on musicboys post.

U turn?

I don't believe calling someone a man is classified as an insult

I don't believe off topic posts should be automatically deleted

I do believe that posts containing personal details such as another members full name should be deleted/edited if the member concerned hasn't given their consent, however you deny that James D Wall is your name and therefore I cannot delete posts containing that name at your request.
Reply 22
Am I the only person that finds this whole thing bloody hilarious?
Reply 23
PQ
U turn?

I don't believe calling someone a man is classified as an insult

I don't believe off topic posts should be automatically deleted

I do believe that posts containing personal details such as another members full name should be deleted/edited if the member concerned hasn't given their consent, however you deny that James D Wall is your name and therefore I cannot delete posts containing that name at your request.

i) Perhaps you should inform blissy, she deleted the post after you told me there were no grounds to do so.

ii) My post was deliberately hijacking a thread, why wasnt musicboy's?
As all this is, is two people talking then locking the thread again pretty much, surely the conversation should be held over pm's?
Reply 25
I didn't mean to! I have the post open looking at it while we were talking. I use a lot of shortcuts so I can only think I pressed something awry.
Vienna
i) Perhaps you should inform blissy, she deleted the post.

I can't speak for blissy but I believe that it was a gesture of good will. She raised this with you to try to resolve the issue.
ii) My post was deliberately hijacking a thread, why wasnt musicboy's?

You asked someone to substantiate a comment, MB asked you to substantiate your identity/gender...I don't see how that is hijacking the thread. It's not exactly on the topic of politics (and is therefore an off topic post) but it was responding to and related to something that you yourself had posted and was following the drift of the topic.
Reply 27
blissy
I didn't mean to! I have the post open looking at it while we were talking. I use a lot of shortcuts so I can only think I pressed something awry.

Lol, anymore twists in this tale?
Iluvatar
as all this is, is two people talking, surely the conversation should be held over pm's?

it was in ask-a-mod

vienna didn't like the answers sie was recieving in that thread so went public
Reply 29
PQ
MB asked you to substantiate your identity/gender...I don't see how that is hijacking the thread.

so how was my comment hijacking a thread?!
PQ
it was in ask-a-mod

If the threads public why does it keep being locked so people can't post on it, unless they are trying really hard to write in the gaps when the thread is open?
Reply 31
Iluvatar
If the threads public why does it keep being locked so people can't post on it, unless they are trying really hard to write in the gaps when the thread is open?

Because this is vienna's thread, she is a subscriber and therefore has the power to open and close it.
Reply 32
PQ
it was in ask-a-mod

I didnt like the completely farcical nonsense that was being spouted for not moderating a post that by your own definition was hijacking a thread. Whatsmore, blissy had already deleted three identical posts before hand, so there was a precedent set. There is no consistency whatsoever, its literally being made up as you go along.
Iluvatar

That might be Vienna, she is using her subs powers probably.
Reply 34
Vienna
Whatsmore, blissy had already deleted three identical posts before hand, so there was a precedent set. There is no consistency whatsoever, its literally being made up as you go along.

Firstly, they were of a different nature using swearing and sexual references. Secondly, I closed the post reports - I did not deal with them (I deleted one that quoted something that had already been deleted so was trying to be in-keeping with past moderator choices)

These problems are why I started the thread in the Ask-A-Mod forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending