Scroll to see replies

TheUnbeliever
Wolfram Alpha is awesome.

Derivative of sec2x\sec^2 x
Satellite flyover Edinburgh

More specifically: ISS flyover Edinburgh

estimated average cruising airspeed of an unladen European swallow
Number of primes less than or equal to 10,000

It does eventually barf if you become too specific, and some things don't quite make sense (for example, 'male population as a percentage' doesn't give the logical result that '100 * male population / population' does, but otherwise it's pretty impressive.

I just crashed my browser asking it to integrate sinx^9999

Not quite sure how that happened but i've learnt my lesson :p:
namedeprived

Browser crashed again :rolleyes:
Meteorshower

Depends what you want. sin9999x\int \sin^{9999} x or sinx9999\int \sin x^{9999}?

The former is a nice thing which looks like it'd be fairly well approximated by a step function. The latter gave a hideous, hideous expression which included several layers of nested fractions, at least one mention of the gamma function, and which I refuse to believe is the simplest form. :p:

I asked for the roots of the first one and it crashed on me. It also crashed when I asked for 5 iterations of the Peano space filling curve - I'm not very sure what it tried to do. I'm also not very sure how it's contriving to crash the browser - the calculations should really be done server side... Perhaps it's hanging waiting for the response.
Reply 384
Wowo thats amazing Meteorshower try chrome it works for me.
Meteorshower

Woops, sorry!
Reply 386
higher maths! :eek: :lolwut:
Ronar
90% of lone parent housholds are headed by women
57% of these housholds are unemployed
47% of children in these households live in poverty
2 million pensioners live in poverty
in the first 3 months of 2009 the number of unemployed people in the uk was 2.22million
In the 2005 general election Labour won with only 35.3% of the vote but the lib dems won 22% of the vote but only 10% of the seats

on and on and on and on the statistics go rounfd my head :frown:

Hahaha oh the memories of Higher Mods :rolleyes: . Good luck! :p: When is it btw?
TheUnbeliever
Depends what you want. sin9999x\int \sin^{9999} x or sinx9999\int \sin x^{9999}?

The former is a nice thing which looks like it'd be fairly well approximated by a step function. The latter gave a hideous, hideous expression which included several layers of nested fractions, at least one mention of the gamma function, and which I refuse to believe is the simplest form. :p:

I asked for the roots of the first one and it crashed on me. It also crashed when I asked for 5 iterations of the Peano space filling curve - I'm not very sure what it tried to do. I'm also not very sure how it's contriving to crash the browser - the calculations should really be done server side... Perhaps it's hanging waiting for the response.

The latter naturally :p: Thought i'd see how impressive this wolfram alpha thingy is!

I managed to get lower powers and corresponding hideous behemoths of answers. Maybe there's a point where wolfram alpha thinks "screw you pesky enquirer, we're not devoting computational power to this crap" and crashes your browser :p:
Reply 389
shortcake_x
Hahaha oh the memories of Higher Mods :rolleyes: . Good luck! :p: When is it btw?

Next Monday, the pressure wasn't on today but it is now that I realise it is in 6 days and I have still to learn half of wealth, all of health the usa and central government go back over DMEs and essay practice :|
Meteorshower
Maybe there's a point where wolfram alpha thinks "screw you pesky enquirer, we're not devoting computational power to this crap" and crashes your browser :p:

:rofl:

Interestingly, it includes biological/medical data.

Apparently, I'm almost precisely my ideal weight and would burn 0.22 lbs of fat if I run fairly slowly (14 minute miles, which is probably around what I could sustain) for 75 minutes. Which probably makes me reasonably unfit but there you go! :hahaha:
Ronar
Next Monday, the pressure wasn't on today but it is now that I realise it is in 6 days and I have still to learn half of wealth, all of health the usa and central government go back over DMEs and essay practice :|

Have you had a look at what the essay questions were for the past few years? By doing that last year we managed to roughly guess what would come up, and they were all right! Don't rely totally on it but it might give you some indication :smile: like the USA topic from last year (powers of the president iirc?) isn't likely to come up again I guess.

I wouldn't worry too much about learning tons of facts for the essays though, you can totally wing it with mods :p: I somehow managed to get full marks in paper 1 and I didn't include a huge amount of statistics, maybe 3-4 per essay.

Good luck and don't panic you can still learn loads in 6 days :smile:
Reply 392
shortcake_x
Have you had a look at what the essay questions were for the past few years? By doing that last year we managed to roughly guess what would come up, and they were all right! Don't rely totally on it but it might give you some indication :smile: like the USA topic from last year (powers of the president iirc?) isn't likely to come up again I guess.

I wouldn't worry too much about learning tons of facts for the essays though, you can totally wing it with mods :p: I somehow managed to get full marks in paper 1 and I didn't include a huge amount of statistics, maybe 3-4 per essay.

Good luck and don't panic you can still learn loads in 6 days :smile:

Thanks lol :smile:

Yeah everyone I know seemed to get an A by winging it but I don't want to risk it becuase I genuinley know nothing about the subject :smile:

If I get an A for cramming in a week then I will get back to you :smile:

Haha, Oh no I dont want to faaail :frown:
TheUnbeliever
:rofl:

Interestingly, it includes biological/medical data.

Apparently, I'm almost precisely my ideal weight and would burn 0.22 lbs of fat if I run fairly slowly (14 minute miles, which is probably around what I could sustain) for 75 minutes. Which probably makes me reasonably unfit but there you go! :hahaha:

I like the rounding in that section. Apparently i'm taller than 100% of the population! What kinda shocks me is that my body weight is considered normal yet i'm in the 39th percentile for the population. If most people are heavier than me and i'm taller than all of them, that doesn't say a lot for them :p:
Once these exams are over you guys have got to get out more.

SAMxxx
Reply 395
mysqa
out

Do they have Wolfram Alpha there?
Reply 396
mysqa
Once these exams are over you guys have got to get out more.

SAMxxx

Maybe so, but what on earth are we supposed to do in the mean time! Wolfram Alpha beats revision.
Sparuuto
Do they have Wolfram Alpha there?

If no,t I'm not goig to this so called place "out."
Actually, on consideration, maybe you wouldn't like it out here.

SAM
Reply 399
mysqa
Actually, on consideration, maybe you wouldn't like it out here.

SAM

O DISS

lol, oh dear, i've erupted in spots, I start my new job today, I can't concentrate andthe only food in the house is f*n noodles and i look like an evil orange monster

aaah!

Latest

Trending

Trending