The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say it's fine, as long as you're eating/it doesn't effect you.
Reply 2
Yeah, i would think this is fine. As long as you're not really drunk in the afternoon.
Reply 3
I dont think its too bad unless it's every day and as long as lunch isnt just a packet of crisps.

It's fairly well established tho that even 1 pint at lunch works against your body clock and will reduce your performance in the afternoon quite considerably. Not something I would do unless it was a special occassion. I dont see the need to drink at lunch really, just wait till the works done :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I know people that go get wasted before lectures. You know your own body, do what you know you can handle.
Reply 5
depends how much of a lightweight you are tbh
Reply 6
I can imagine a lot of non mature students think drinking > learning. Not all of course, but I guess it depends where your priorities lie.
Hopefully not a pint of wine :rolleyes:

I think it's fine :smile:
It's not like you're getting smashed every lunch time just as the afternoon has begun!
Plus you know what you can handle.
I wouldn't mind a pint right now actually......
Reply 8
Id say thats fine. I've known people who get drunk in the afternoon especially in the summer. I assume your not going to get drunk anyway but yer a drink with lunch is fine, i thought it was the norm to be fair ?
Reply 9
A fair few number of students would have a drink or two with their lunch at the bar on campus, and some of them were mature students. Its fine as long as you dont overdo it and turn up for afternoon lectures steaming drunk.
Reply 10
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/09/020919065955.htm

http://mentalhealth.about.com/cs/substanceabuse1/a/lunchetoh803.htm

First is in general, second is at lunchtime, it relates to driving but transfers over to learning. Even 1 beer affects your judgement.
If you want to drink at lunch crack on everyone has that right not for me to judge, but dont kid yourself that is has no effect :smile:
Reply 11
Every now and then it wouldn't be a problem, just in moderation.
Saying that, at the end of term the other week we did spend two hours in the SU bar before our last lecture :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending