The Student Room Group

Colchester Royal Grammar or Chelmsford County High for sixth form?

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of applying to colchester grammar and chelmsford county high for sixth form, does anyone have experience going to these schools for 6th form, and if so, how did you find it? Thanks :3
Original post by person1871
Hi everyone,
I am thinking of applying to colchester grammar and chelmsford county high for sixth form, does anyone have experience going to these schools for 6th form, and if so, how did you find it? Thanks :3

I’m at CRGS but from what I’ve heard from others I’d say CRGS is better (I’m biased haha). Crgs have really friendly and supportive staff. The students are also quite nerdy but nice! There are high expectations but if you can get in then tou can meet these. They offer any support or advice if you’re struggling.

There’s also a huge range of societies for pretty much anything. And if you’re considering oxbridge the school offers support for that aswell
Reply 2
Original post by hicweondksc
I’m at CRGS but from what I’ve heard from others I’d say CRGS is better (I’m biased haha). Crgs have really friendly and supportive staff. The students are also quite nerdy but nice! There are high expectations but if you can get in then tou can meet these. They offer any support or advice if you’re struggling.

There’s also a huge range of societies for pretty much anything. And if you’re considering oxbridge the school offers support for that aswell

Hi, May I have your sharing about CRGS before making a decision?
1) school may help sixth form student on the A level studying after school time?
2) school helping the student to apply for the university e.g. prep thier interview or entrance exam (say law, architecture or engineering?)
3) any enrichment studying course for the student in boarding?
hope your help.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by harevt
Hi, May I have your sharing about CRGS before making a decision?
1) school may help sixth form student on the A level studying after school time?
2) school helping the student to apply for the university e.g. prep thier interview or entrance exam (say law, architecture or engineering?)
3) any enrichment studying course for the student in boarding?
hope your help.

I've heard of the school offering students to stay after school to study if they can't do it at home. I know there's loads of lunchtime study sessions and clubs.

The school does help a lot with uni applications especially oxbridge. We get given mock interviews (stem subjects like engineering are very popular because most students are stem so you will defo get an interview focused on that). They also help with personal statements. The school offers a lot of extracurriculars to boost applications. I know they also do LNAT prep sessions for law that start around December.

I'm not sure about boarding specifically because I'm not a boarder but Wednesday and Tuesday afternoons we're given free time to do an enrichment, the school offers some enrichment courses but also other activities like work experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending