The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
because women move in with the men with houses

I'm guessing this is partly true. Women go for men who have proven themselves capable survivors, hence why younger woman - older man is so much more common than the converse and why even a short, fat millionaire can get A-Grade pussy.
Reply 21
Sithius
Well when she's wearing that tight skirt and bends over...

oh momma :coma:
Reply 22
I think it's because most Dad's will turn a blind eye to a son having a girlfriend sleep over but can't handle a daughter doing such things. :biggrin:
Reply 23
At a guess I'd say girls from working class backgrounds are far more likely than boys from a similar background to go to uni, and it's the boys from the working class background who are the ones who typically stay at the parental home until marriage.

Also more boys can't cook :p:
My brother is 30 next year and still lives at home. My other brother was around the same age before he moved out. Yet I can't wait to move out, and I'm 19. My mum said she moved out when she was 17. I guess girls are more independant?
ummmmmmmmmmm - a wild guess

women get married at younger age so go live with husband
or
more women go to uni so move out when they are younger
or
women have children - when you have a child you have houses practically thrown at you by housing people. Whereas men are unable to have children at the moment but have no choice other that to live with parents
Reply 26
were lazyer than women? i dunno really.
men are lazier
my brothers are 24,25,27 and 29 and 3 of trhem still live at home !!!
Reply 29
In general females are probably a lot more mature than males at such an age. So this could have an influence on things such as this.
Reply 30
my mum does most things for me, i wouldnt mind staying here until i was 30 tbf
Because more women go to live with their husband's families more than men go to live with their wives families.
Reply 32
My brother still lives in the family home, but my parents dont. He stays there because its his home. When my parents lived there though he did everything for them, not the other way around.

Generally though I would say its because its cheaper than living in their own place and they get all their washing and cooking done for them. I have 2 sons......so it looks like they will still be with me for many more years to come.
Reply 33
More women go to university or move in with their significant other earlier? It's not like men can go and net a 24 year old when they're like 18-19. Then of course you've got to factor in that if they get pregnant they get a free house/flat too.
Reply 34
elsa_89
"would she be asking that if I was a 6'4, well-built guy?" :p:

For me yeah haha
Maybe it's coz girls mature quicker than boys? I'm 18 and I'll be moving out in September and my sister was the same age when she moved out. My oldest brother didn't move out til he was 27 tho and my other older brother moved out at the end of last year aged 20, but is moving back next month coz he failed miserably at being independent! I also have a feeling that my little brother will be the same as them.
Does uni count as moved out or not? (assuming you go back for holidays etc)
Women like to be independant. :yep:
Reply 38
elsa_89
Out of curiosity or does she actually worry that something might happen to you and you can't defend yourself?

I'm the youngest so I guess its that something might happen to me :o:
Reply 39
Mask Of Sanity
Women like to be independant. :yep:

I always thought men were taught to be independent, and women to be dependent? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending