The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The_Lonely_Goatherd
Spent this evening watching 'Mamma Mia!'

For an ABBA counterpoint, you should follow it up with "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". :danceboy: :banana: :danceboy:

Dt:sheep:
Derek_the_Sheep
For an ABBA counterpoint, you should follow it up with "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". :danceboy: :banana: :danceboy:

Dt:sheep:

I will def check it out! Cheers for that :danceboy: :yep: :danceboy:

I'm supposed to be watching the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday for my dissertation as well but it's my college daughter's bday party, so will have to watch it on iplayer :yep:

The Bod has books on Eurovision, as well as Steps! :woo: Said books are also in Cheshire. I love the fact that they have to lug these books all the way over from Cheshire for me :rofl:
i was meant to be going to london to stay at my friend's house to watch eurovision, but i'm too busy this weekend :frown:. iplayer it is for me too then.
tigrrmilk
i was meant to be going to london to stay at my friend's house to watch eurovision, but i'm too busy this weekend :frown:. iplayer it is for me too then.

My tute partner did suggest that we nudge my college daughter to incorporate watching Eurovision as part of her bday party, but I thought that's a bit harsh! :p:

My tutor wants us to watch some random documentary on iplayer. It's related to our Purcell course and features an important theatre in Stockholm. I'm quite tempted to plan a trip combining a visit to this theatre with a trip to the ABBA Museum (which should open in 2010) and see if the college will pay for it... :ninja:
Reply 1384
The_Lonely_Goatherd
My tute partner did suggest that we nudge my college daughter to incorporate watching Eurovision as part of her bday party, but I thought that's a bit harsh! :p:

My tutor wants us to watch some random documentary on iplayer. It's related to our Purcell course and features an important theatre in Stockholm. I'm quite tempted to plan a trip combining a visit to this theatre with a trip to the ABBA Museum (which should open in 2010) and see if the college will pay for it... :ninja:

This one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kfqgq/b00kfqdf/The_Birth_of_British_Music_Purcell_The_Londoner/? There is, at least, an Oxford-y moment or two :yep:

That's the one! What d'you mean by Oxford-y moment or two? :eyeball:

I'm not Purcell's greatest fan but it should make a nice change from all the Mozart. My tutor for that topic refuses to acknowledge the fact that I'm not as classical as she would like/expect me to be and thus can't refer to specific keyboard concertos off the top of my head :no:
Reply 1386
The_Lonely_Goatherd
That's the one! What d'you mean by Oxford-y moment or two? :eyeball:

I'm not Purcell's greatest fan but it should make a nice change from all the Mozart. My tutor for that topic refuses to acknowledge the fact that I'm not as classical as she would like/expect me to be and thus can't refer to specific keyboard concertos off the top of my head :no:

I mean that some of it's in the Sheldonian
cpchem
I mean that some of it's in the Sheldonian

:teeth: :woo: :o:

I take it that you've seen this documentary, then? Is it any good? :smile:
Reply 1388
The_Lonely_Goatherd
:teeth: :woo: :o:

I take it that you've seen this documentary, then? Is it any good? :smile:

Meh, it was alright... nothing mind-blowing. I just had it on in the background when I was pretending to work :tongue:
cpchem
I'm really not sure how much anyone would benefit from having H^ψ=Eψ\hat{H}\psi=E\psi on their wall - after all, if you can't even remember that, you're pretty screwed :tongue:

iψt=22m2ψ+V(r)ψi\hbar\frac{\partial\psi}{\partial t} = \frac{\hbar^2}{2m}\nabla^2\psi + V(\mathbf{r})\psi

A bit harder but a bit better-looking IMHO.
Guys I need to get some dinner, want something like a mission burrito but not a mission burrito because I've had that about 8 times in the past 7 days. Any other tips for satisfying fast food eats in town that aren't too unhealthy?
Nandos? :P

How about some italian? There are plenty of places on / around george street.

Actually - what is there that's healthy and quick?
Oh and mission is the best!
Well I don't really want to go and sit down in a restaurant by myself...might just go back to mission, I think I'm only one stamp short of a free burrito...
KwungSun
Well I don't really want to go and sit down in a restaurant by myself...might just go back to mission, I think I'm only one stamp short of a free burrito...

I'd have offered to come but I'm in a library, which is more productive than not being in a library. (I never work in my room - and eventually I'll have run out of other things to do and start work)
I keep forgetting to get a mission loyalty card :cry:
Zizzis / Ask take out pizza? Price has gone up but it's still fairly cheap
Bekaboo
I keep forgetting to get a mission loyalty card :cry:
Zizzis / Ask take out pizza? Price has gone up but it's still fairly cheap

They have a loyalty card?!
KwungSun
Guys I need to get some dinner, want something like a mission burrito but not a mission burrito because I've had that about 8 times in the past 7 days. Any other tips for satisfying fast food eats in town that aren't too unhealthy?

Baked potato/baguette from kebab van? Discounted sandwich from Sainsbury's local?
motoroller
They have a loyalty card?!

Yeah, well one of those 9 stamps and get a free one bits of card like the milk shake and coffee shops have - but you have to ASK for it, so nobody ever knows it exists.
Thanks for the tips people. Ended up going to mission in spite of better judgement, but turned out to be one heck of a burrito. Also got that tenth stamp on my card so the next one is freeeeee!!!! Also I got to listen in on someone engaged in a pretty agitated break up over the phone in the chair next to me, which was entertaining in a morbid sort of way...

Latest

Trending

Trending