The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm pretty sure the major difference between Christianity and Islam isn't the difference between the books but that one is centred in 'decadent' culture and the other is centred in a place where all cultural development seemed to have stopped after the crusades. It really isn't 'Islam' itself that is the problem. The Bible is backward, you just have to add context to the bible to apply it today. For example, no sex before marriage. Without contraception or sex education, sex before marriage around the time of Jesus has a very high chance of producing a baby. Without marriage, that baby most likely wouldn't have parents who are together, and would probably end up abandoned. In the context of the time, 'no sex before marriage' was very sensible, But nowadays, with effective education and contraception, that risk can be reduced greatly. You still get the Catholic church trying to keep those ideals, and in that sense, the Catholic Church is no different to ultra-conservative Islam.

On the other hand, I always thought Jesus was a far better role model than Mohammed...
Reply 21
Wow some people in this thread are pretty naive.
Reply 22
ali242
sex slave women are not allowed. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THIS FROM? Seriously you have sum retarded links and references to be honest. THis is the fact. WOMEN HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN MEN IN ISLAM. Ofcourse yo get nutcases called Taliban etc...but you get that in all religions- just a few more in Islam-they think they know the religion but they dont know **** frankly.

I am getting it from the Quran and other reliable sources. Seriously, I did not want to beleve it myself at first, but after a lot of research I had no choice. Do some research if you find my sources retarted. You will find out I am right.
Reply 23
did you also know that a muslim women can only marry a muslim man so if a muslim women falls in love with a christian man he has to convert. however a muslim man can marry who ever he wants regardless of their religion!
Reply 24
Sara12345
I am getting it from the Quran and other reliable sources. Seriously, I did not want to beleve it myself at first, but after a lot of research I had no choice. Do some research if you find my sources retarted. You will find out I am right.

Im sorry, but you can't have a real debate/argument on Islam in a language other than language of the book, i think this point has already been mentioned.
Reply 25
adilmorrison
It's not a question of disrespect... The woman is a slave and therefore the man is allowed to have sexual relations with her... It doesn't go for women for obvious reasons... Should she become pregnant, how would one now who was the father?

So your saying it's ok for a muslim man to have sex with his slaves?
Reply 26
This thread fails
Reply 27
MagsMysh
did you also know that a muslim women can only marry a muslim man so if a muslim women falls in love with a christian man he has to convert. however a muslim man can marry who ever he wants regardless of their religion!

Not that you're going to think this is any better, but just to correct you, a muslim man cannot marry just 'anyone' he can only marry an orthodox christian or jew... but once again you are not going to find this any better than if he can marry anyone. I just wanted to correct your point.
Reply 28
Do some research if you find my sources retarted.

Why isn't anybody else poking fun at this statement?
Sara12345

Yes... I don't get what your point is... The Qur'an says it is OK... It's completely irrelevant now anyway! Sex with slaves in Islam was regulated, so I don't see the problem.
Relatively brave of you to post OP, but you'll be ran off TSR by the small, but vocal Muslim community we have on here.
Reply 31
MagsMysh

Also, because a woman has a ‘deficiency of the mind’ her testimony alone does not count; two women are equal to one man when testifying. That means that if her house is burgled then another woman will have to testify for this to be proved, whereas one man’s testimony will be enough.
Reply 32
Sara12345

I have posted quotes in the thread but for those of you who do not belive this then i strongly suggest you do research on this because you will find out I am right. I am suprised how many muslims are unaware of this issue.

Take me on then. I've talked about this in length with others in the past. You can read the conversations here, you'll learn something today.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=687009&page=6
Reply 33
Sara12345

Could you provide which sources your getting the quotes from e.g name of translater publisher etc???
Reply 34
shenzys
Not that you're going to think this is any better, but just to correct you, a muslim man cannot marry just 'anyone' he can only marry an orthodox christian or jew... but once again you are not going to find this any better than if he can marry anyone. I just wanted to correct your point.

thanks for correcting me
(by the way i genuinely mean this im not being sarcastic!)
Reply 35
Interesting. Did a quick Google, and one of the first hits was this. Writing's a little biased, but his sources seem to check out.
Reply 36
actually.. men cannot have sex with any woman unless they're married, so what you said is incorrect. Even if they are slaves they should be treated equally with good clothing and food etc. Sex slaves is against islam as it goes against its fundamentals.
Reply 37
Sara12345

I have the quran open infront of me
It doesnt say that. Simple
Reply 38
MagsMysh

um no a muslim man cant marry any religion. i am very surprsied heasring a lot of the garbage im hearing at the moment. rather amusing
Reply 39
Nograth
actually.. men cannot have sex with any woman unless they're married, so what you said is incorrect. Even if they are slaves they should be treated equally with good clothing and food etc. Sex slaves is against islam as it goes against its fundamentals.

exactly

Latest

Trending

Trending