The Student Room Group

For those of you that don't believe Evolution to be true, what are your reasons?

Poll

For those of you that don't believe Evolution to be true, what are your reasons

For those of you that don't believe Evolution to be true, what are your reasons?
A 2,000 year old book.

I believe in it.
Reply 2
Childhood Indoctrination.

Psychological Delusions.

A fear of the real world.

Weak personality.

Sheer stupidity.
Reply 3
Evolution is often confused with abiogenesis which leads people to be confused as to what is meant by "evolution" - especially due to the context in which the word evolution is used (i.e. debating religion and such)
Reply 4
I believe in it but I do not think it is anywhere near infallible as so many on here wish to suggest. The fact still remains that there are missing gaps in the theory, thus there is still no clear progression from Ape to Human.

Like I say, I believe evolution is a correct theory and I feel it helps explains how the Gods molded us, but it is far from perfect and certainly not a method of disproving religion like many on here, and Dawkins, try to use it as.
Reply 5
I believe it, but I also know it's not totally proven, it's a theory that best fits the facts. To say it's totally true is unscientific.
Reply 6
onezie, it can and hasbeen genetically proven to be true... each generation genes change and mutate, advantageously to what society wants.

second point. The moth studies, one species of white moths evolved into black moths as a night bird was introduced to their environment, advantageous genes stick and evolution occurs.

We don't have all the missing links, no, neither have we tested the "law of conservation of mass" in the Andromeda galaxy.

As a third point, look at dogs. If you combine them you get the traits from two different breeds of parents, or different types of cows, and how they were breed (or forcibly evolved) to bear more meat, or be of a different stature.
Reply 7
nathanruby
onezie, it can and hasbeen genetically proven to be true... each generation genes change and mutate, advantageously to what society wants.

second point. The moth studies, one species of white moths evolved into black moths as a night bird was introduced to their environment, advantageous genes stick and evolution occurs.

We don't have all the missing links, no, neither have we tested the "law of conservation of mass" in the Andromeda galaxy.

As a third point, look at dogs. If you combine them you get the traits from two different breeds of parents, or different types of cows, and how they were breed (or forcibly evolved) to bear more meat, or be of a different stature.

Pepper Moths :smile:
Reply 8
Got Nerd?
Pepper Moths :smile:

:yes:
:top:

Latest

Trending

Trending