The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
FYI people who are thinking about Trek America:

If you're unsure about doing this or not, then DON'T APPLY YET!! Wait until you actually get to the camp as you still have plenty of time to apply when you get there!! Seriously, I didn't go Trek America but me and a mate borrowed a guy's car from Camp and we drove from Phoenix, Arizona up over Hoover Dam, through Vegas, through the Nevada Desert, into California, through Yosemite National Park, then up through California, Oregon and then along to the west coastline then all the way up to Seattle. Was the most amazing trip ever - trust me, it will work out cheaper and way more fun if you actually sort out the journey yourself!! :biggrin:

Though I'm not saying Trek America is bad....if you really want to do it then go for it :biggrin:

Enjoy your Summer guys - you're in for the adventure of your lifetimes! So gutted I can't do it again this year *nearly crying lol!!* :frown:
beanbagzzz
I am going to Camp Summit (NY) is anyone else? Leave on the 11th June...exactly 3 weeks, I am so excited! I have always wanted to do this, so hope it turns out to be as good as expecting! Which camps are you all going to?

Camp Echo Lake, Warrensburg, NY.

9th June - not long now :biggrin:
*bounces*

11 days :biggrin:

Flight is now confirmed as 9th June - Heathrow (LHR) to Newark Liberty (EWR), on Virgin Atlantic :biggrin: *ace*, at 1 PM in the afternoon, which is class.
Reply 63
Wish I was just 11 days...I can't wait!

Fly out of Heathrow to Newark on June 16th on Virgin! I'm getting far to excited to revise!
Reply 64
I am so jealous of all you guys who have places! I am still waiting to hear if I even have a placement. Got my visa interview in a couple of weeks and then I can be called and told I have to leave within 2 or 3 days, eek! Just hoping I get something though.
Reply 65
wow...can't imagine just having to be told you're leaving on Sat or something and having to be packed and gone. Good luck with getting somewhere good!
Reply 66
emma870
wow...can't imagine just having to be told you're leaving on Sat or something and having to be packed and gone. Good luck with getting somewhere good!

Thankyou! I'm hoping I wont have to leave with just a day or twos notice, but then I would rather do that than not get any placement at all!
Have fun on yours :smile:
Alexis3574
Thankyou! I'm hoping I wont have to leave with just a day or twos notice, but then I would rather do that than not get any placement at all!
Have fun on yours :smile:

Hmmmm I thought that the countdown to leaving was getting frustrating, but heck, waiting for a placement this close must be terrible :frown:.

Good Luck.

And yes I'll certainly have fun on mine !!
Flying on Thursday :biggrin:

Just the small matter of an exam to sit this Wednesday afternoon and then I'm out of here !!
Reply 69
bit of a long shot...anyone flying out next Sunday (19th)?
Reply 70
Nope...I'm next Thursday....and I can't wait!
Reply 71
I leave for London in about an hour...then fly out tomorrow!
Reply 72
cool...have a great summer!
Reply 73
Have fun all you guys going off!! I am still waiting to hear.... :frown:
Reply 74
Well I'm heading out tomorrow...all packed and ready! Good luck alexis on getting a placement!
Reply 75
Good luck everybody, have a great summer! I'm off on my last "let's all get merry" night out tomorrow before I head off and I'm getting excited now (only everso slightly :biggrin:)
Hey everyone,

I've finally got a placement - Camp Welmet in Putnam Valley, New York (www.campwelmet.org). I'm flying off on Wednesday - I'm SO exited!!! (and only a fraction nervous...!) I also get a month's travelling time after camp so I really wanna see New Orleans, Boston, California, New York, San Fransico... EVERYTHING! lol

Good luck to everyone going before me, I hope you all have fantastic amazing summers, I'm sure you will! :biggrin:

red
Reply 77
emma870
Well I'm heading out tomorrow...all packed and ready! Good luck alexis on getting a placement!

Thankyou! I have my visa now, so its all just a waiting and hoping game.
Hope you are enjoying yours so far....let us know how its going if you get a chance :smile:

Latest