The Student Room Group

Does the Israeli willingly target civilians?

As the thread says. I would like to add that I support Israel but recently alot of people have been saying Israel target children in Palestine.

Please note I do not want to know things like "yes loads of children are suffering" because this is a consequence of ANY WAR. Civilians have and will always suffer.

What I want to know is whether the Israeli army is deliberately shooting children for target practise/fun and raping palestinian women. I find this really absurd and would not expect a democratic country like Israel to do this. Also I am not interested in isolated cases of abuse, again this happens everywhere.

Is there a case for widespread systemic abuse of ordinary palestians who are not affliated with Hamas?

EDIT-The thread should say does the Israeli Army target Civilians.
yawn
Not really.
Reply 3
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
yawn

I will be off to uni in awhile, I hope I have some better responses :smile:
Cover Drive
I will be off to uni in awhile, I hope I have some better responses :smile:

On this forum? :laugh:..... Good luck!
Reply 5
Perhaps I should move this into the political section..bit late now lol
Reply 6
Doubt it, however they don't think twice about doing it if they have a tiny little chance of getting anywhere with it.
Reply 7
No, just carelessness.
Reply 8
I think they just don't give a **** whether they hurt Palestinians, but they wouldn't go out of their way to harm civilians - its not practical.
http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/about/doctrine/main_doctrine.htm

IDF Main Doctrine
Basic Points
* Israel cannot afford to lose a single war
* Defensive on the strategic level, no territorial ambitions
* Desire to avoid war by political means and a credible deterrent posture
* Preventing escalation
* Determine the outcome of war quickly and decisively
* Combating terrorism
* Very low casualty ratio

Prepare for Defense
* A small standing army with an early warning capability, regular air force and navy
* An efficient reserve mobilization and transportation system

Move to Counter-Attack
* Multi-arm coordination
* Transferring the battle to enemy's territory quickly
* Quick attainment of war objectives

http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/about/doctrine/ethics.htm
IDF Ethics
Basic Values:

Defense of the State, its Citizens and its Residents - The IDF's goal is to defend the existence of the State of Israel, its independence and the security of the citizens and residents of the state.

Love of the Homeland and Loyalty to the Country - At the core of service in the IDF stand the love of the homeland and the commitment and devotion to the State of Israel-a democratic state that serves as a national home for the Jewish People-its citizens and residents.

Human Dignity - The IDF and its soldiers are obligated to protect human dignity. Every human being is of value regardless of his or her origin, religion, nationality, gender, status or position

Personally I don't think that any army in the entire world deliberatly targets children. I've also not heard of any cases of anyone from the Israeli Army raping Palestinian women, so I dunno where you're getting that from.
Reply 10
AShipley
I think they just don't give a **** whether they hurt Palestinians, but they wouldn't go out of their way to harm civilians - its not practical.

Well, we killed less civilians in 8 years of conflict than the US did in one battle in Fallujah, so, yes, we go out of our way to minimize civilian casualties.

Latest

Trending

Trending