The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Terra
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Only thing is I get confused at figuring out whether or not a distribution is positively or negatively skewed. I know it involves comparing the mean median and mode, or the quartiles, but I don't know how you do that... :o:

Ah well, I'll just hope that it doesn't come up tomorrow. :P

hey there
after the first ans we know th 'k' ryt so we get a proper fwid f(x)...we take the range of values from one to 10 as the 't'value put them in the equation of f(x) and get the y value fof each of our 't' whjch is actualy x....then we plotthe graph normaly...:o: :p:
Reply 241
Nes
hey there
after the first ans we know th 'k' ryt so we get a proper fwid f(x)...we take the range of values from one to 10 as the 't'value put them in the equation of f(x) and get the y value fof each of our 't' whjch is actualy x....then we plotthe graph normaly...:o: :p:

your post is rather confusing....
Morning guys, gonna do one last paper now then head off to the exam. good luck all of you, try to write down your answers and we shall discuss after midnight tonight.

Good luck, stay calm and nail it!
About you guys saying 4e is positively skewed, surely it's negatively skewed cause the mean < mode?
Waterstorm
About you guys saying 4e is positively skewed, surely it's negatively skewed cause the mean < mode?

mate stop worrying about that graph.. relax. make sure you have everything mastered, theres only a small chance sthin like that will come up.
good luck every1
Reply 246
Waterstorm

its weird - the mark scheme shows positively skewed for it but clearly mean<median<mode

any thoughts?
Midnight can't come sooner.
Reply 248
edited.
can someone tell me, based on jan 09's UMS system, what would 60/75 equate to in UMS? also can anyone direct me to the Raw Mark/UMS thing for jan 09, june 08 and jan 08? would really appreciate it. Cheers.
Ali M
can someone tell me, based on jan 09's UMS system, what would 60/75 equate to in UMS? also can anyone direct me to the Raw Mark/UMS thing for jan 09, june 08 and jan 08? would really appreciate it. Cheers.

Would an A ever be 66/75+ or is it always around 60/75 at a maximum? Cos surely they couldn't award 66/75 which is 88% in raw marks as 80% in UMS?
Reply 251
{mod: paper comments deleted}
thenewromance
Would an A ever be 66/75+ or is it always around 60/75 at a maximum? Cos surely they couldn't award 66/75 which is 88% in raw marks as 80% in UMS?

yeah they are gay and they do that. they scale it down. depends on how everyone found it tbh with u.. but i think one year 90% as raw marks they scaled down to 80 UMS.
Reply 253
60/75 was 74 UMS. You needed 65 for an A.
Aq2cool4u
60/75 was 74 UMS. You needed 65 for an A.

according to which year?
Reply 255
Jan 09 like you asked :smile:
Aq2cool4u
Jan 09 like you asked :smile:

Cheers, thank you. can you point me in the direction of where you got that info from cos i wanna check june 2008 and jan 08. cheers..
Reply 257
Reply 258
here is jan 09 grade boundaries.
Aq2cool4u

cool thanks for that.. ah well.. looks like ive got between 72 - 74 UMS.. very dissapointed tbh because now c4 is gonna need a high grade

Latest

Trending

Trending