The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We aren't supposed to have jobs at cambridge (other than college bar work) and although obviously they couldn't stop you getting one I honestly don't think you would have time.....i definately wouldn't anyway, not even in first year. Of course if i had spent a bit less time drunk/hungover...but that is another issue entirely :wink:

No one here works in term time but as the holidays are longer there is the possibility of working then if you can afford to do it that way. I am lucky because my job at home is very flexible and I can basically choose to work whenever i like so christmas, easter and the summer break keep me going!
my dad was manager of his college bar at cambridge when he was there and ended up getting a 3rd because of it!
Egglet
Howd you find out about that? Id thought they'd only accept final years or qualified nurses. (or is it a case of making sure everything's alive?!)
It'd be awesome to get a job like that ... are there any more? haha.
Just sorting out my CV atm, going to be prowling the shops next week to try and get something, an animal job would be more ideal though. I saw a dog walking company's van the other day, might ring them to see if they want cheap help!

You're not missing much (other than the very good pay...!!!), the job is very dull, taking dogs out to pee, cleaning kennels, giving meds, nothing very exciting but the pay is rather good!
We are made to do it for final year for 2 weeks (with no pay) and by now it's a complete waste of time and we don't learn a thing!!! So as you can imagine we get a little grumpy about it!! It's much better if you have a good mix of people to work the nights with you.
Annaconda
my dad was manager of his college bar at cambridge when he was there and ended up getting a 3rd because of it!

Oops! Which college was he at? Must have been one of the ones with a good bar lol..... quality and price varies a lot.
fairy princess
Oops! Which college was he at? Must have been one of the ones with a good bar lol..... quality and price varies a lot.

it was at caius
Ooh i gatecrashed their bar the first night of freshers week. They didn't seem to mind even though i made no pretence of actually being at caius. I must have looked scared and lost ha. :p:

p.s. apologies for going completely off topic.....

Latest

Trending

Trending