The Student Room Group

Who forgets all their revision before/during the exam?

So far i have had 4 exams and with all of them i knew the subjects very well. But when it comes to the exam, all the info that i revised seems to fall out of my head and i feel tired and sleepy when i look at the exam paper. So for however long the exam is i just sit there look confused.
I want this to stop because this is effecting my grades!

Does this happen to anyone, what do you do to stop it?
Reply 1
That happened to me on Friday in my politics exam. Pretty much everything I revised came up! I was so happy, then realsied that I had forgotten half of it. :s-smilie:
I don't know how to prevent it really, but just trying to relax might help, like using breathing techniques perhaps. Works for some. :smile:
Reply 2
It used to happen to me very often, I would've come across questions that I knew I knew the answers to, but simply forgot.

If you feel tired and sleepy, make sure you're getting enough rest. Before the exam day itself, instead of staying up late to study, I prefer getting to bed early and then doing a quick review of everything just before the exam.

I also find that if you come across a hard question early on and have trouble answering it, it really gets me off on the wrong foot and messes up my train of thought :eek:! Try not to let difficult questions bother you but instead just move on to the next question and leave that for later, you might feel confident enough to answer it later on once you've done other questions :biggrin:

Also, before opening my paper, I take one deeeeeeep breath :p: Might cost me a few seconds but eh it gets me into "the zone" xP
Happens to me a lot..
That happens to me most of the time. It's really frustrating.
When I do the past papers at home, I do well A/B and even finish the papers 20mins early.

But when it comes to the real exam, it's another story. :s-smilie:
This happens to me. I end up getting U's because of it, then I go home do a past paper and get an A :frown:
Reply 6
it does/can happen which is sad tbh as people don't know that stress we go through to get the good grades as a mental block-BAM could result in an E

Anyway I just try to force myself to remember it-just revise it everyday
With me it's not so much that, it's more I find trouble regurgitating the stuff I've remembered. For instance, Last summer I memorized the entire biology syllabus but when it came to the exam panicked and wrote answers in a way that wasn't so communicative, more rushed and with a lack of punctuation. I probably didn't answer according the the mark scheme either.

Latest