The Student Room Group

Forgot to put candidate information on GCSE exam paper

During the maths exam on Wednesday I missed when everyone out their information on the front of the paper and so did it rushed once the paper had started. I definitely put the centre number on there but I am worried that I didn't put anything else. I am almost certain that I did because it's the same as every other exam paper. What would happen? Would they be able to work out that it is mine due to it location in all the other papers when they are checked before being sent off?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
The exams office at your school will check all the papers before they are sent off for marking . I know they can add personal details if a student forgets and countersign it on the student’s behalf. Someone therefore should pick anything like that up if you’d forgotten and if they couldn’t identify a student’s paper at that point I would expect them to work out who it probably belonged to and contact the student/s if they needed to at that point so I’m sure it’s fine and they’ve sorted it but why don’t you pop into your exams office on Monday (or phone them if you’re not in) and explain and get them to reassure you.

Quick Reply

Latest