The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got BCEUU at AS level, stated it on UCAS, and got no rejections (for ABB/BBB courses). Ended up with ABBC at A2, so really don't worry. My poor AS grades gave me a kick up the arse for A2 and I worked a lot harder, and with resits I managed to get my grades up a lot. As for UCAS, if your personal statement and predicted grades for A2 are good, you'll get offers. Also, QMUL is a bit of an odd one to have on that list, their entry requirements aren't that high anyway!
Nora-FNE
dont get me wrong I am absolutely sihtting it but I am still hopefull.......

Same :console:
Reply 22
michelle_mishmash
Yeah i don't mind going to a university such as Brunel, Manchester.. but you know eveyone wants to go to a top university, and after my exams, i do not even think i will waste my time applying

Wow... You seriously think Queen Mary is a top uni, don't you? Manchester > Queen Mary and Brunel, jeez.
Reply 23
guys you can retake during a2 you know!!
i had to retake business as i got an e =( in january for the as
im still gonna be crapping myself august 20th though- results day!!!!
Last year i got 3 C's and a D and i got all 5 of my offers lol which trust me i really wasn't expecting

so i wouldnt worry about it :smile:
sleekchic
wth?

Manchester IS a top uni and going to Brunel does not mean the university "dream" is over.

Well maybe that is the case for you, but it is not the case for me. I think you misinterpreted what I said and what I mean. Of course Manchester and Brunel are good universities, but they are just universities that i do not dream of going to. Not because they might or might not be the top ranked universities, but because it is not my dream to go there. Similarly it is not my dream to apply for LSE. Even though it is a really good university. What I was trying to say, was that I’ve always wanted to got to a university like Sussex, Ucl Etc.. And after the exams I reckon I won’t get into any of them. Hence my “dream” is over I don’t mind applying for Manchester and Brunel, I mean those are not the university I dreamed of going to. They maybe really good universities, but it isn’t my dream to go to them. Don’t get me wrong they are probably really good university. But not university I intend to apply for.. Same way LSE is no doubt a really good university, but I just do not want to apply there.
Just wanted to make it clear that I am not disregarding universities like Manchester, I just don’t want 2 apply there.
Reply 26
I think I may have done okay, but nowhere near good enough to believe the top Uni's will consider me with the grades I believe I will come out with. I think its a case of next year kicking my butt into gear and prehaps I will need to take a gap year. Not much point in worrying my socks off though until its confirmed I have failed in August lol.
mimimimi
Wow... You seriously think Queen Mary is a top uni, don't you? Manchester > Queen Mary and Brunel, jeez.

Not necessary a top university, but it would be my preference to go there
Reply 28
michelle_mishmash
i just recieved some Newsletter from ucas 2dai.. loool then it just hit me.. that AS level are actually a bit more important than our overall grade, because our offers r based on them... Does anyone think that they`ve flopped there exams?? i flopped maths big time that AQA C2 paper was awful
is this end on Ucl,,, Kings,,, Queen Mary,, Sussex York etc..
;(

It happened to me as well. I didnt do as well on my AS grades on which university palces are based, but I ended up with AAC and went to Oxford Brookes instead. I had applied to Durham, LSE, Bristol among others. HOwever, my teachers kind of screwed me as well, they lnew I was more capable then what they predicted me but what you gonna do?
Reply 29
michelle_mishmash
Not necessary a top university, but it would be my preference to go there

Right. Well thanks for changing your original post so it doesn't say 'top unis' - my point was the fact you'd said that.
michelle_mishmash
Of course Manchester and Brunel are good universities, but they are just universities that i do not dream of going to. Not because they might or might not be the top ranked universities, but because it is not my dream to go there. Similarly it is not my dream to apply for LSE. Even though it is a really good university. What I was trying to say, was that I’ve always wanted to got to a university like Sussex, Ucl Etc..

What are you talking about? Manchester is considered more of a top university than Sussex, and I don't understand whether you're saying LSE is not as good as Sussex and UCL or you just don't want to go there :confused:
loool. no i know that LSE is really good, its better than the universities i stated above. i just do not want to go there.
i think im going to go n revise now, it seems people dnt understand what i am talkin about. perhaps i did not make it clear, ive have always wanted 2 go 2 universities such as UCL, KINS, QUEEN MARY, etc and do not mind applying to uni like Manchester or Brunel, and i no LSE is like one of the Best uni but i just do not want to apply, because i think i will have a better chance at getting into Kings or somewhere else.
cheeseandbiscuits
Well I know a friend who knows they are going to flop exams and is just pretending to everyone else that they didn't want to go to university in the first place :biggrin:

At least your friend doesn't sob and quit when someone else comes back from two goals down to score FIVE (Yes, FIVE) in the last 10 minutes of a Fifa 09 match (which, incidentally, is not even a game that he plays much, as PES09 is much better)...

Latest