The Student Room Group
University of York
York

parking permit when to apply

Hi everyone
I start York in october and will be taking my car, can anyone tell me when i apply for a parking permit,will it give me the opportunity to apply on the accomadation application or will i have to apply after i have my accomadation confirmed.I am hoping to stay at halifax because i know it has a few parking spaces.

Thanks for any help on this :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
No, you apply when you get there, as long as you're eligible.
University of York
York
Reply 2
ah ok m8 thank you for the info will i be able to park somewhere until i can get the permit
Reply 3
jimmi1
ah ok m8 thank you for the info will i be able to park somewhere until i can get the permit

Pay and display car parks, somewhere off-campus or (if you're lucky), some of the free parking spaces near the Science Park.
Reply 4
You can only have a permit for £35 a year if you live i think outside of the A64. but personally i wouldn't recommend driving as i did this year and really wished i hadn't as i missed out on so much more. :frown:
Reply 5
imhiya
You can only have a permit for £35 a year if you live i think outside of the A64. but personally i wouldn't recommend driving as i did this year and really wished i hadn't as i missed out on so much more. :frown:

That's only for a permit on the main campus. If you live in Halifax or Fairfax there are a limited number of spots available there.

Latest

Trending

Trending