Reply 40
Same Here!!!!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 41
jp2k5
Just out of interest is it the 1st wk of oct u move in then?
i thought it was the last ween in sept (being freshers week) then 1st week in oct is when lessons start. (so ud move in in sept)?
Reply 42
no, it appears i am wrong. straight off the soton website:

Semester dates - 2005/06
Semester 1 Thursday 6 October 2005 - Saturday 4 February 2006
Semester 2 Monday 6 February 2006 - Saturday 24 June 2006
Christmas Vacation 18 December 2005 - 8 January 2006
Easter Vacation 26 March 2006 - 23 April 2006
-the first day of term is a thursday?!
Reply 43
when is freshers week for us?
Reply 44
Freshers week should start on Monday 3rd October. And the term usually starts on a thursday because you have inductions/registration on the thursday/friday and then start on the monday. It also gives you an opportunity to find your way around, sort out things like ID cards etc.
Reply 45
Sarky
Freshers week should start on Monday 3rd October. And the term usually starts on a thursday because you have inductions/registration on the thursday/friday and then start on the monday. It also gives you an opportunity to find your way around, sort out things like ID cards etc.

well thats good, cos the standard length contract starts on the 2nd. i will be able to go to freshers week!

wooooo!!!
Reply 46
wow, that means i have the whoooooole of september, not just half of it!
Reply 47
Sam_B
well thats good, cos the standard length contract starts on the 2nd. i will be able to go to freshers week!

wooooo!!!

See not just a pretty face (not even that at the moment) i know some stuff too!
Oops, I still haven't applied for accommodation!
Hello everyone
Im comin to southampton in oct (hopefully of corse) ... still havent applied for my accomodation yet cos im stupid and leave eveything to the last minute.
Does anyone know if it works on a first come first served basis (i.e ill be shoved somewhere no one wants to go?) ??
and also, does anyone know if en suite rooms have water meters in because someone told me they do..?

Soph
x
Reply 50
apply for glen eyre ensuite! most of us are going there :smile:
Sam_B

Yeah what im gonna put as my first choice... although im thinkin i probably wont get it seeing as it seems to be what everyone has put and ive left it pretty late to apply!
Sam_B

Not all of us are rich enough to be able to afford an ensuite! :frown: *still hasn't applied*
Reply 53
-Sian-
Not all of us are rich enough to be able to afford an ensuite! :frown: *still hasn't applied*

so go to the one next door which isnt ensuite :wink:
Reply 54
Richard Newitt is not ensuite and they are really really nice.
Can someone just do the application for me? Ah cannae be ars-ed :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending