The Student Room Group

So, I'm just ridiculously stupid.

I have 2 questions. My geography has been a failure. First of all, I got into the exam hall and with a few other people got the foundation tier paper... and hadn't been informed I was taking it. Apparently I was entered into foundation, but hadn't been consulted about it. I assumed I was taking higher. The same thing happened with about 6 other students. I refused to take foundation on principal, so they gave me and 3 others that has been entered for foundation a higher paper to do.

- is this allowed? I didn't think it would be.

- Because I was SO thrown about all of that, I actually was stupid enough to put all my information (canditade no, name, etc) on the front of the paper. Can I rescue this, or I am just destined NOT to get a GCSE in Geography???

ahhhh
That is really bad that you weren't told what paper you were doing or anything?

Can you have a word with your teacher or something because I think they can decide based on the circumstances. The invigilators wrote that there was a lot of noise outside our German exam in the report or whatever, so I'm guessing they could mention this?

Its worth a try, if not just hope for the best, you might find you managed to do ok.
Reply 2
I'm sure you aloud because earlier in the year i was entered for foundation for english and i argued my way to get a higher paper which i managed to :smile: thankfully. But one of the teachers said if your not happy with the what paper you have then you can just ask for a different one. So i'm sure it will get marked :smile:
I actually was stupid enough to put all my information (canditade no, name, etc) on the front of the paper. Can I rescue this, or I am just destined NOT to get a GCSE in Geography???

ahhhh

What?
You're SUPPOSED to put all of that information anyway?
Whats wrong about that..?
Reply 4
xoxjubixox
I have 2 questions. - is this allowed? I didn't think it would be.

Yes, totally OK. Your exams officer will complete the required administration to change your entry.
leavemebehind
What?
You're SUPPOSED to put all of that information anyway?
Whats wrong about that..?

Yeah, im confused!
Reply 6
salad_fingers
Yeah, im confused!

yeh I was thinking the same. You have to write your name and candidate number on your answer booklet so how can you fail by writing it
Reply 7
cuteyno1
yeh I was thinking the same. You have to write your name and candidate number on your answer booklet so how can you fail by writing it

Haha, sorry, I wrote that late last night. I meant I DIDN'T write any of my info on the front. But its ok now. I emailed the woman at our school who is head of exams, and she realised and filled it in for me. :smile:

Latest