The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Joshwah
Still twidling my thumbs waiting for a reply. Not been too long since I sent mine off though. How long did you wait between sending off and recieving your offer?

Has anybody thought about going straight into private accommodation rather than digs in their first year?

Because I didn't go last year there's a lot of folk I know will be getting their own place this time around. Considered it, but I'm heading for halls just so I can say I've lived it.

Anyone 100% on which halls you want to live in yet?

i got mine within 2weeks of sending it off and what subject u want to study.
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 61
International Business.

Just chased it up anyway, had a chat with the online UCAS support, and apparently my tutor still hasn't added her reference to the application and forwarded it on, so it's still in limbo :P

Going to get on her case tomorrow morning. Still got 3 week until equal consideration ends, so it's all gravy :smile:
Ive applied to Leeds Met to do Events Management course currently live in Leeds anyways near the Uni of Leeds Mechanical Engineering building so Woodhouse area lol though i would perhaps prefer to go into Halls of Residence from September rather than rent privately as im doing now but who knows it depends where i decide to go hehehe

I will be based up at the Headingley Campus :smile:

and all those that think they are like too old already ill be almost 32 when i attend Uni lmao
Joshwah
Still twidling my thumbs waiting for a reply. Not been too long since I sent mine off though. How long did you wait between sending off and recieving your offer?

Has anybody thought about going straight into private accommodation rather than digs in their first year?

Because I didn't go last year there's a lot of folk I know will be getting their own place this time around. Considered it, but I'm heading for halls just so I can say I've lived it.

Anyone 100% on which halls you want to live in yet?

Opal 1 or 2 :smile:

The new Carnegie campus looks good, but the course I'm doing is at the city campus, so Opal's fine for me :smile: And they have a pool and gym :smile:

I also work at at Oceana down in London as a supervisor, so I can get transferred to leeds oceana :smile:
emma2wentysrep
hey guys and girls,

I got an UNCONDITIONAL offer for Leeds Met for 2010!!! YEY!!!
:woo:

Ive been having a browse thru the posts on here and i must say I feel a bit more at ease....I was thinking I might be like 'OLD' at uni..... I'll be 23 as I start in sep 2010 but 24 in that Novemeber! EEEEKKKK!!

Seen a few mentioning International Tourism Management..... well guys I'll be joining ya all in 2010 at headingly campus. I am sooooooo excited,

Being doing what we all do and looking at accomodation, I quite like the look of opal, liberty park and Kirkstall brewery.....they all seem really popular. I'm trying to decide whether to be closer to the city centre and civic facilities and 'commute' to headingly campus or be closer to campus??? :confused: any tips or advice welcome on this one please......

anyway hope you all get great replies from UCAS, good luck to those still waiting and well done to those who have got in!yey!

lxx

If your at headingley i would recommend being headingley as my mate says its a paih in the arse to commute! im a first year and thought id tell you guys if any of you have any questions just ask as i know there is soooo many questions you want to ask ha!!

Dont worry about being older loads of people are! im considered young as most people took gap years :smile:

I do retail marketing and management at headingley which is awesome!! I live at kirkstall brewery which is the best accomodation ha you may think im biased but loads of people from other accomodations want to live here as its amazing!! its THE party accomodation and you get to know everyone (i have over 50 mates in kirkstall seriously!) haha

Any questions im always here to help!
xxx
Reply 65
kitten_in_the_corner
If your at headingley i would recommend
xxx

is kristel brewery very close to headingley and i have applied for LMU AND I GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER so i was wondering how far is the city center were all the pubs and clubs and shopping centers are from kristel.
Reply 66
Hi All,

Got my unconditional offer from leeds met today to study Accountancy so... woohoo!! What happens from here im not sure and for those who are saying i will be 20 when i start how old am i? i will be 23 :frown: but still doesnt put me off will be able to teach a thing or two :biggrin:

I have other choices to reply before i can accept the offer but i hope they come through soon so i can accept then im not sure what to do next in terms of loans & accommodation...
Reply 67
Heyyy im going hopefully going to do Business and Management at Leeds Met im really looking forward to it and i wont be as old as you guys i will only be 18 :smile: good luck with all your exams and i hope to see you all soon in freshers week and thatttt! xx
Reply 68
conditional for criminology :smile:! EXCITED! haha!xx
Is anyone here going to the Applicant day on Sat 6th?
AdamNUK
Hi All,

Got my unconditional offer from leeds met today to study Accountancy so... woohoo!! What happens from here im not sure and for those who are saying i will be 20 when i start how old am i? i will be 23 :frown: but still doesnt put me off will be able to teach a thing or two :biggrin:

I have other choices to reply before i can accept the offer but i hope they come through soon so i can accept then im not sure what to do next in terms of loans & accommodation...

Hi I'm 23 will be 24 in the november!! eeek! glad I am not the only one!!

Did you kow you can still reply to your Leeds met offer if thats your 1st choice before you get your other offers, all you have to do is log onto ur UCAS and withdraw your other options and hen the reply button will appear for you to reply to Lmu, I had to do it, I was a bit scared off withdrawing the others but I managed it. But if i doubt ring ucas and let them do it for you.

As for student loans get apply asap cos there was a massive screw up last year, students not getting paid on time etc, It's a pretty simple process actually....I'm guessing your in the same boat with the 'mature' student thing, you will have to dig out wage slips and p60's for the last 3 years to prove your independant and send them after you have submitted your application.

Accomoation.....well theres loads to choose from..I found the uni run accomodations are pokey and expensive for what you get so I looked at private student accomodation, same set up with cluster flats, ensuites etc.have a look at UNITE, IQ , UNIPOL.

Anyway hope this helps, any problems , let me know.

Good Luck

x
Reply 71
emma2wentysrep
Hi I'm 23 will be 24 in the november!! eeek! glad I am not the only one!!

Did you kow you can still reply to your Leeds met offer if thats your 1st choice before you get your other offers, all you have to do is log onto ur UCAS and withdraw your other options and hen the reply button will appear for you to reply to Lmu, I had to do it, I was a bit scared off withdrawing the others but I managed it. But if i doubt ring ucas and let them do it for you.

As for student loans get apply asap cos there was a massive screw up last year, students not getting paid on time etc, It's a pretty simple process actually....I'm guessing your in the same boat with the 'mature' student thing, you will have to dig out wage slips and p60's for the last 3 years to prove your independant and send them after you have submitted your application.

Accomoation.....well theres loads to choose from..I found the uni run accomodations are pokey and expensive for what you get so I looked at private student accomodation, same set up with cluster flats, ensuites etc.have a look at UNITE, IQ , UNIPOL.

Anyway hope this helps, any problems , let me know.

Good Luck

x

is your offer conditional or unconditional ...
Rainbowl
is your offer conditional or unconditional ...

Unconditional and accepted! why??
x
Reply 73
emma2wentysrep
x

kool just wondering
emma2wentysrep
x

SAME!!! Doing Marketing in September, will have just turned 20...

Applying for student finance now, but they messed my details up so i have to write in to do it :frown:

Accomodationwise, i think i'm going to apply for Opal 1 or 2 as I have friends there who says its amazing! Does anyone know when you can apply for accomodation?
Reply 75
livefreehavefun
SAME!!! Doing Marketing in September, will have just turned 20...

Applying for student finance now, but they messed my details up so i have to write in to do it :frown:

Accomodationwise, i think i'm going to apply for Opal 1 or 2 as I have friends there who says its amazing! Does anyone know when you can apply for accomodation?

you can apply for accomdation on february 1 at 10am and you have to pay the £200 up front or they give you 2 weeks to pay it
Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 77
whats the new carnegie village like?
rmartey1
whats the new carnegie village like?

It's being publicised as being top draw, like, really good...

It'll be modern which has plenty of positives and a few negatives.

Definitely worth choosing though I reckon, my mate's had a look around it n says it's rpetty cool.. it has it's own gym n pool as well.
Reply 79
i currently live in leeds and its an amzing place, got a conditional offer from leeds met to do psychology and criminology , really want to get accomodation in carlton hill as based on civic hall :smile: too scared to accept my place though lol i got my offer in 3 weeks from applying :P

Latest

Trending

Trending