The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Rainbowl
is kristel brewery very close to headingley and i have applied for LMU AND I GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER so i was wondering how far is the city center were all the pubs and clubs and shopping centers are from kristel.

i would suggest getting a bus its not very near really, there is pubs neaar but city center will need bus journey and also its not near headinly (another bus needed) hope this helps :smile:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
all the pubs and clubs and shopping bits are in the centre which isnt close to Headingley i live in Woodhouse (housing association so i rent already from a social landlord) actually i live surrounded by 1st year St Marks Uni of Leeds residents and 1st year Woodhouse flats Leeds Met students and i walked to Headingley from here when i went the open day and at my walking speed given i am a speed walker it took me 30-40mins walking to the Headingley Campus ... Kirkstall Brewery is if i am correct no where near the campus or the city centre to be honest and you would need to travel by bus into the centre perhaps then to headingley
Id advise anyone to come to Leeds and do a dummy run from what accommadation you have in mind

Opal 1 and 2 is located near Burley Road just down road from Leeds City College where i am studying now ... iQ Accommadation is 5mins down road and round a corner from me close to the Londis store with Post Office inside and the launderette (Charing Cross) if the name makes you think of London its because its located in the Little London area of Leeds

Charlton ones are closer to the centre but you would need the bus to get to Headingley or a bike to cycle there if you wish to keep fit perhaps :smile:

Hope that helps anyone out ... not sure on Mill Street ones
Reply 82
How quickly will the places in halls fill up? I want to go to Opal I think, but I'd like to have a look round first but my open day isn't till 10th March... Don't really want to book without looking first, but I also don't want to miss my chance to get a place.
Meeee :)
How quickly will the places in halls fill up? I want to go to Opal I think, but I'd like to have a look round first but my open day isn't till 10th March... Don't really want to book without looking first, but I also don't want to miss my chance to get a place.

I dont know answer to that as im not at Uni myself till this September Opal looks nice from outside its about 15min-20min walk to centre really :smile:

Maybe if any current student of LMU read this thread they might be able to give you an indication though Universities do prioritise the first years with accommadation esp those not in the Leeds area :smile:
Reply 84
Meeee :)

opal fill up pretty quickly and you have until june 2010 to book but by then i doubt there would be any left well a few would be.
Reply 85
HollySx
i currently live in leeds and its an amzing place, got a conditional offer from leeds met to do psychology and criminology , really want to get accomodation in carlton hill as based on civic hall :smile: too scared to accept my place though lol i got my offer in 3 weeks from applying :P

I'm from manchester myself. I've applied for Carlton Hill! I was gonna apply for Opal 1/2 but Carlton Hill is cheaperr :smile:
I got a conditional offer to do media and popular culture at civic quarter. You should just accept your offer, you can get everything sorted soon as then. :smile:
I've just applied for Opal1/2... Its an extra £400 per year I think, but it seems so worth it, seeing as every room has an ensuite and there's a really nice gym and pool actually on site!! Also because I have friends there who says its good, but i suppose anywhere you go will have nice people in and you'll have a great time!!

Is anyone doing a business or law degree and going to saturdays applicant day?
mdevlin0708
Hey im gunna be starting leeds met in 2010 aswell, a year late but because im born in august ill only just be 19 :smile: im going to be studying criminology and psychology and thinking of staying at carlton hill, anyone else know what accomodation they wanna stay in??

im hoping to stay in carlton hill :smile:
I too have applied and been offered a place at Leeds Met for media and popular culture. I was looking at staying in Carlton Hill as it looks friendly. I was just wondering are first years housed with first years? Thanks :smile:
Reply 89
dutkiewiczs
I too have applied and been offered a place at Leeds Met for media and popular culture. I was looking at staying in Carlton Hill as it looks friendly. I was just wondering are first years housed with first years? Thanks :smile:

yes and some freshers aswell...

cause most second year students are expected to find a house with friends they met from their first year.
Rainbowl
yes and some freshers aswell...

cause most second year students are expected to find a house with friends they met from their first year.

oh thankyou. are you going to the university this year?
Reply 91
dutkiewiczs
oh thankyou. are you going to the university this year?

yes i am im goig to LMU but i havnt yet chosen myacconadation but it's between opal and kirkstall brwery how about yourself..what will you study and which dorms would you live in.
Reply 92
Hey guys!

I can't wait to join Leeds Met in September, my course looks epic!

What you all studying?
Reply 93
Hey!
I'm starting LMU in September studying Childhood studies at Headingley, sent off my deposit for Opal 1/2 and it now says i'm 'guaranteed' a place requiring I meet the entry requirements, woo. So Excited!!
Anybody decided which accommodation there staying at?
Reply 94
Alexx123
Hey!
I'm starting LMU in September studying Childhood studies at Headingley, sent off my deposit for Opal 1/2 and it now says i'm 'guaranteed' a place requiring I meet the entry requirements, woo. So Excited!!
Anybody decided which accommodation there staying at?

when did they say its a guaranteed place did they confirm it
Reply 95
Yeah i got an email saying my accommodation was now guaranteed providing i get the entry requirements :smile:
Reply 96
Alexx123
Yeah i got an email saying my accommodation was now guaranteed providing i get the entry requirements :smile:

thats gd i though accomadation don't reply till jully and they start tp allocate u in rooms.
Reply 97
im looking at applying at opal but havent had the chance to view any of the accomodations so was wandering if anyone knows what the difference between delux and standard rooms are (if im not too late)
also anyone know what the bike storage is like, id be taking a pretty expensive bike and one of my main concerns is storing it
Reply 98
there is no standard for opal halls just en-suit,studio i think and deluxe
Reply 99
Rainbowl
there is no standard for opal halls just en-suit,studio i think and deluxe

What exactly is studio, then? Is it just, bigger?

Latest

Trending

Trending