The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wow thanks, that looks like an excellent resource!
Reply 21
Jonty99
I think he might mean school entrance tests, which often use verbal reasoning etc. That's a bit of a guess though.

I suppose you're referring to private schools?

Where do I get hold of a bunch of these papers?
Hippysnake
not doing BMAT. My chance of getting into a BMAT Uni = 0.

I'm feeling the same. Hopefully I can take the test after results day, if not, I'm seriously reconsidering it..
Reply 23
Hippysnake
not doing BMAT. My chance of getting into a BMAT Uni = 0.

Aw, why do you say that?
Reply 24
Scientific Calculator
wow thanks, that looks like an excellent resource!

np, ye its really helpful :smile:
ACDC
I suppose you're referring to private schools?

Where do I get hold of a bunch of these papers?

Ebay, amazon is always your friend :awesome:
Reply 26
Jonty99
I'm gonna buy practice books from Amazon and just work through them. For BMAT, I'll also revise GCSE science.

They say they "can't be revised for" but I think it'd be very very silly not to practice.

Is there a particular exam board that is better to revise GCSE Sci from for the BMAT exam? Or will any do?

I also did the old AQA spec for GCSE Sci, but I'll be applying for Med with the new-specers, 'cause I'm doing an extra year at A-level. I looked through some of my cousins GCSE Sci books recently and they've changed a lot of things in the syllabus, I wonder if that'll make any difference? If they'll gear the Physics questions in the BMAT towards the new specs?
Reply 27
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Ebay, amazon is always your friend :awesome:

Is that where you're getting them from?
ACDC
Is there a particular exam board that is better to revise GCSE Sci from for the BMAT exam? Or will any do?

I also did the old AQA spec for GCSE Sci, but I'll be applying for Med with the new-specers, 'cause I'm doing an extra year at A-level. I looked through some of my cousins GCSE Sci books recently and they've changed a lot of thing in the syllabus, I wonder if that'll make any difference? If they'll gear the Physics questions in the BMAT towards the new specs?

Very much doubt it. I think there's a syllabus on the BMAT website. There'll likely be a fair amount of material on it not covered at GCSE, though probably moreso for the new spec people like me.

The science/maths content: http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/digitalAssets/106203_BMAT_Section_2_National_Curriculum_Coverage.pdf
ACDC
Is that where you're getting them from?

Probably because that's the only place i can think of? I'm also ordering BMAT and UKCAT books from there too.
i've been in the same school all my life ( it has nursery, infants, juniors, seniors and 6th form) pretty pathetic huh
^^^^what?
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I'm feeling the same. Hopefully I can take the test after results day, if not, I'm seriously reconsidering it..

BMAT is taken November the 4th, if I'm not mistaken, and if you don't have your results by then, then something is amiss.
whats the difference between the BMAT and the UKCAT?
ACDC
Aw, why do you say that?

While my grades are good

Spoiler

they're certainly not upto the standard BMAT Unis want.
Hippysnake
While my grades are good

Spoiler

:zomg: what do they want then?! My grades are similar to yours:
A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA
AAB in Jan....which will change to BBBB :frown:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
:zomg: what do they want then?! My grades are similar to yours:
A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA
AAB in Jan....which will change to BBBB :frown:

Nobody can tell what they "want" but the BMAT Universities have a reputation of putting a large emphasis on academia.
Hippysnake
While my grades are good

Spoiler

:eek: those are some awesome grades mate - ofcourse you should go for BMAT unis

i got A*A*AAAAABBB and i know thats kinda **** compared to most people on this forum but if i manage AAAA at A level then i may go for imperial? i dont think thats too unrealistic really
Thoughtless
:eek: those are some awesome grades mate - ofcourse you should go for BMAT unis

i got A*A*AAAAABBB and i know thats kinda **** compared to most people on this forum but if i manage AAAA at A level then i may go for imperial? i dont think thats too unrealistic really

Imperial have a strict BMAT cut off score, unless you're gonna do amazing in the BMAT....
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Imperial have a strict BMAT cut off score, unless you're gonna do amazing in the BMAT....

You probs wouldn't need to do "amazing", just get past the cutoff. But yeah, the cutoff is still pretty high.

Latest

Trending

Trending