The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally I would grab a heap of 11+, 12+, 13+ papers if I was doing it again.
Where do I get them from?

I know now :smile:
Reply 3
I'm gonna buy practice books from Amazon and just work through them. For BMAT, I'll also revise GCSE science.

They say they "can't be revised for" but I think it'd be very very silly not to practice.
Apparently the "GCSE content" is waaaaaay harder than GCSE, physics is as level?
Reply 5
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Are you actually going to prepare since they "can't be revised for".

They most certainly can be revised for.

I didn't do the BMAT, but if I was to do the BMAT or do the UKCAT again, I would do as many past papers and practice as much as possible. Good luck for anyone doing them.

That said, if you are already strong on academics, make sure the other parts of your application are just as good. Medically related professions are very vocational.
terpineol

Definitely this
Reply 7
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Apparently the "GCSE content" is waaaaaay harder than GCSE, physics is as level?

I doubt it's full AS Level. But some stuff you won't have covered at GCSE due to whatever syllabus the BMAT uses. I think the syllabus is on the BMAT website.
Moronic Acid
Definitely this

Could I ask why they're good for the BMAT? :o:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

It really isn't - some people find it hard because they haven't done it in a year, but AS physics would just be cruel :p:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Could I ask why they're good for the BMAT? :o:

Well i personally never did any, but they follow the same format (Verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, abstract reasoning, quantitative reasoning etc.)

Whilst this won't help that much with the BMAT, it'll definitely help you to familiarise yourself with the UKCAT (especially the abstract reasoning section which is really weird)
Reply 12
I didnt do the bmat but for the ukcat start with 11+ papers and then get the purple book for the ukcat. ill post a link for it in a sec. Thats what i did and it worked pretty well ^_^
also, sometimes you completely fail even 11+ papers so dont give up and keep going over them over and over again. And its a lie that you cant practice for the ukcat. Practice every question you canfind
EDIT:
This is the onei used...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passing-Clinical-Aptitude-University-Entrance/dp/1844452840/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c/276-8527290-4750436
Reply 13
Its not so much revising the content, more getting yourself familiarised with the style of questions that will be good preparation. So past papers and things like that are good, but yeah brushing up on GCSE physics is always a good idea.

Good luck to all that are taking the BMAT, I had to do it and I'm not even applying for medicine :lolwut:
I am sure we had a shiny thread around here last year with all sorts of essay questions we made up.....

As for the actual questions as terp said, plus the books if you want/can afford
Reply 15
terpineol

What do you mean by that? Soz, if that sounds like a thick question. I haven't started any revision for a BMAT test yet, still deciding on Uni's!
ACDC
What do you mean by that? Soz, if that sounds like a thick question. I haven't started any revision for a BMAT test yet, still deciding on Uni's!

Yeah i didn't know what they meant by that either
poojatanwani7
Yeah i didn't know what they meant by that either

I think he might mean school entrance tests, which often use verbal reasoning etc. That's a bit of a guess though.
not doing BMAT. My chance of getting into a BMAT Uni = 0.
Jonty99 is correct, I researched it earlier :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending