The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
For the UKCAT, are 11+ papers recommended? Where can I get them?
Mahia
For the UKCAT, are 11+ papers recommended? Where can I get them?

You could be better starting with the UKCAT prep books, cos they're more tailored towards the exam.
Jonty99
You probs wouldn't need to do "amazing", just get past the cutoff. But yeah, the cutoff is still pretty high.

Anyone who gets above the cut off score is amazing to me :biggrin:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Imperial have a strict BMAT cut off score, unless you're gonna do amazing in the BMAT....

I am not aware of a strict cutoff point.
I thought they just said you need about half marks to get in...
Valuing sections 1&2 over 3
crazylemon

I heard each year they used a cutoff point for each section.

Such as 4.7, 4.7, 9

Which you had to get above to get interviewed.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Imperial have a strict BMAT cut off score, unless you're gonna do amazing in the BMAT....

I think you're thinking of UCL
Jonty99
I heard each year they used a cutoff point for each section.

Such as 4.7, 4.7, 9

Which you had to get above to get interviewed.

I know quite a few people with lower scores than this who were interviewed (and got offers too)
crazylemon

I'm just repeating what I've been told...perhaps my teacher was drunk (again) when she told us that.
Moronic Acid
I think you're thinking of UCL

I don't know...a med 2009 applicant told me that UCL were giving out some interviews before BMAT scores came out?
Moronic Acid
I know quite a few people with lower scores than this who were interviewed (and got offers too)

Oh OK. I've definitely heard they had a cutoff, I must have been misinformed I guess.
Might have changed for this year...
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I don't know...a med 2009 applicant told me that UCL were giving out some interviews before BMAT scores came out?

Yes. I had one.

I ****** it up :p:

They have a week of interviews pre BMAT results for people they want to interview regardless of BMAT results
"For 2010 entry we guarantee to interview UK and EU applicants who meet all of our entry requirements and admissions criteria and achieve BMAT scores of 5.0, 5.0, 9.0 or higher (i.e. 5.0 in Section 1, 5.0 in Section 2 and 9.0 in Section 3).

It is important that applicants realise that only a small proportion of applicants will achieve these high scores. The rest of our interviewees will be selected based on the strength of their whole application, although BMAT scores that are below the average will disadvantage an application. Scoring below 5.0, 5.0, 9.0 does not disqualify an applicant from the selection process."

People, is this quite strict? I really want to apply to UCL...:sad:
crazylemon
Might have changed for this year...

I reckon people were just speculating they had a cutoff, when perhaps they didn't.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
"For 2010 entry we guarantee to interview UK and EU applicants who meet all of our entry requirements and admissions criteria and achieve BMAT scores of 5.0, 5.0, 9.0 or higher (i.e. 5.0 in Section 1, 5.0 in Section 2 and 9.0 in Section 3).

It is important that applicants realise that only a small proportion of applicants will achieve these high scores. The rest of our interviewees will be selected based on the strength of their whole application, although BMAT scores that are below the average will disadvantage an application. Scoring below 5.0, 5.0, 9.0 does not disqualify an applicant from the selection process."

People, is this quite strict? I really want to apply to UCL...:sad:

You don't need to get those scores. They GUARANTEE an interview. You can get an interview with lower BMAT scores, on the basis of the rest of your application.
crazylemon
Yes. I had one.

I ****** it up :p:

They have a week of interviews pre BMAT results for people they want to interview regardless of BMAT results

ah, did they give you a "stress interview" I doubt they'd want to interview me regardless though, grrrr!
Jonty99
You don't need to get those scores. They GUARANTEE an interview. You can get an interview with lower BMAT scores, on the basis of the rest of your application.

This, plus as I have also stated they do a week before results come out as well as after.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
ah, did they give you a "stress interview" I doubt they'd want to interview me regardless though, grrrr!

:yep:

After the day before I had had a lovey dovey PMS interview with set questions, no table (we don't want any barrier that might make people nervous) and 3 happy smiling encouraging faces.

I then got chucked in at the icy deep end at UCL and was totally unprepared, so fair enough tbh.
What are these 11+ 12+ 13+ papers?
crazylemon
:yep:

After the day before I had had a lovey dovey PMS interview with set questions, no table (we don't want any barrier that might make people nervous) and 3 happy smiling encouraging faces.

I then got chucked in at the icy deep end at UCL and was totally unprepared, so fair enough tbh.

aw that sucks :frown: when I told my mum about mean UCL interviews she was like "you better not cry in front of them, im warning you" optimistic mother <3

Latest

Trending

Trending