The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ya i got dat exam 2morrow too!! :eek: anyone got any idea wats coming up? :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :biggrin:
business studies GCSE :rolleyes:

that sounds challenging.
Reply 3
ya but what are da topics? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
my teacher sent an email on what the department though would be in the next test and they highlighted labour and organisation of firms so really revise those! also, production, business ownerships (esp. small businesses i.e. not companies,) marketing mix - pricing, external costs and benefits <- but there was a lot about external things with the whole exchange rate thing so hopefully that wont come up again :s-smilie: oh also location of business. and they tend not to repeat topics that were in the first test.
dalia13
my teacher sent an email on what the department though would be in the next test and they highlighted labour and organisation of firms so really revise those! also, production, business ownerships (esp. small businesses i.e. not companies,) marketing mix - pricing, external costs and benefits <- but there was a lot about external things with the whole exchange rate thing so hopefully that wont come up again :s-smilie: oh also location of business. and they tend not to repeat topics that were in the first test.

um what exactly doyou mean by labor and organisation of firm?=S thanks x
quote me=]
what is the definition of high turnover?
Im getting so confused!

Coz there is high labour turnover? and thats meant to be a good thing? or not?

Im doing june 03 past paper so confusing myself with turnover stuff
Reply 7
feed-me-shoes
um what exactly doyou mean by labor and organisation of firm?=S thanks x
quote me=]

labour = human resources = recruitment and selection, motivation, training, etc

organisationn of firms = organisational charts, growth, expansion, objctives
Reply 8
needssomehelp
what is the definition of high turnover?
Im getting so confused!

Coz there is high labour turnover? and thats meant to be a good thing? or not?

Im doing june 03 past paper so confusing myself with turnover stuff

no high labour turnover is bad because it means a lot of employees are leaving the business. labour turnover = number of employees that leave annually
oh okau thanks....do we need to know, kaizen CAD , jit , etc?
Reply 10
needssomehelp

Yep. :wink:
Reply 11
needssomehelp

we won't need to know cad, how did u all find the last paper my teacher sed it was hardest one shes seen so grade boundaries will be lower
Reply 12
Business studies *pfft*... You think you lot have it bad, I have a 2 hours 30 minutes ECONOMICS paper on Wednesday. Let see you lot try that considering the facr that Bus. Studies is a watered down version of Economics.
^^^

Okay whatever. Economics is different to bus ed. sooo whats your point?
Your the one tht chose it?

ANyways thanks everyone and goood luck!

Yeah and paper 1 was actually quite challenging tbh!
Reply 14
It is business studies, nobody ever revises for business studies
Innately_Hedonistic
business studies GCSE

that sounds challenging.

LOL, they may have to define "Break Even" :redface:
Reply 16
superluke2k8
LOL, they may have to define "Break Even" :redface:

mate if you had any intelligence you would no that its not like that, LOL, shows how much u know
dalia13
labour = human resources = recruitment and selection, motivation, training, etc

organisationn of firms = organisational charts, growth, expansion, objctives

saw it too late=( haha and you were right too! but thanks anyways, went good i thought=]
Wezzler
mate if you had any intelligence you would no that its not like that, LOL, shows how much u know

"Mate", I have just completed Unit 6 A2 business studies. So i would know. . . relax a little, a joke is a joke.
Reply 19
superluke2k8
"Mate", I have just completed Unit 6 A2 business studies. So i would know. . . relax a little, a joke is a joke.

my bad i thought u were takin **** out of business haha

Latest