The Student Room Group

How do you think you've done? Predict your UMS!

Ok so the end is near people. Mine haven't gone perfectly, but I'm pleased overall. I thought I'd make a game we can play by predicting our marks in our modules, and then coming back on August 20th to see how good our judgement is!

Rules:
- Simply put down the modules for each of your subjects, leaving your best mark so far in any modules that you've already taken, as well as your predicted UMS for any re-takes/first takes.
- Put your predicted UMS in red & bold.
- If you haven't finished yet (like me), leave your predictions for the ones you haven't finished, and then come back and complete it!

Here goes nothing...

Economics (AQA):

Unit 1 - 102/105
Unit 2 - 105/105
Unit 3 - 72/90 (80/90)
Unit 4 - (95/120)
Unit 5 - (65/90)
Unit 6 - 50/90 (75/90)

Projected UMS - 522/600 = A

French (Edexcel):

Unit 1 - 90/90
Unit 2 - 111/120
Unit 3 - 72/90
Unit 4 - (65/90)
Unit 5 - (70/90)
Unit 6 - (85/120)

Projected UMS - 493/600 = A

Mathematics (Edexcel):

C1 - 92/100
C2 - 90/100
S1 - 80/100
S2 - 73/100
C3 - 78/100 (100/100)
C4 - (80/100)

Projected UMS - 515/600 = A

Scroll to see replies

KiiNGofLONDON
Mine haven't gone perfectly, but I'm pleased overall. I thought I'd make a game we can play by predicting our marks in our modules, and then coming back on August 20th to see how good our judgement is!

How haven't they gone perfectly? You've got fairly solid overall As in everything, and that's the best mark you can get!
I'm just feel like crying.
Reply 3
I don't want to curse it :p: All I care about is getting 480/600 or more overall in Further Maths and Psychology.
Reply 4
HexagonalBolts
How haven't they gone perfectly? You've got fairly solid overall As in everything, and that's the best mark you can get!

Well they're just predictions. I mean I'm prepared for ABB, just in case, but I think *touches wood* I've got AAA. They haven't gone perfectly because all three of my A2 economics modules were 'meh' papers-I could have a really high A, I could have a C. I really just don't know.

If they're good predictions (I feel as though as I was being conservative), then obviously I'll be delighted with my results! :biggrin: But even then they might not be high enough to get me into Oxford PPE next year. :shifty:
Reply 5
Waterstorm
I'm just feel like crying.

Why? :confused:
Reply 6
lol i dont want to jinx it either.
hmm, i think i did alright except from my accounting exam.
i totally messed up.
KiiNGofLONDON
Why? :confused:

By how my exams went.
Reply 8
nuodai
I don't want to curse it :p: All I care about is getting 480/600 or more overall in Further Maths and Psychology.

They've been sent off! What you write on here will have no effect on your results. It may have an effect on how you react to them however.

By looking at your sig it appears:

a) you'll make 480 with ease.
b) you're far too intelligent to be worried about 'cursing' things. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Waterstorm
By how my exams went.

How did they go? Be less vague!
As long as i'm at least 1 ums above an A in 3 of my subjects (and above a C in the last) it's all good :thumbsup:
KiiNGofLONDON
How did they go? Be less vague!

Well I probably wouldn't cry if they went well would I? :p: Unless you're thinking tears of joy, lol. But in all seriousness, the minor mistakes of not reading quesions properly in the exam today has brought my confidence way down.
Reply 12
As long as its 480/600 in everything I don't really care* after that.
Reply 13
Come on people, start predicting! Don't be such scaredy cats! You know how you think you did, and you can try to suppress those thoughts if you want, but at the end of the day those thoughts are still there! Why not share them and have some fun?
Reply 14
Wow you've rly put some thought into that.

Instead of predicting exact UMS...

Maths AQA
C3 - Good
M1 - Okay
S1 - Good
FP1 - Okay

Edexcel Biology Unit 2 - Pretty good

Physics AQA Unit 2 - Good

Though I underestimate myself a lot.
So I don't rly know at all :'D
Reply 15
Waterstorm
Well I probably wouldn't cry if they went well would I? :p: Unless you're thinking tears of joy, lol. But in all seriousness, the minor mistakes of not reading quesions properly in the exam today has brought my confidence way down.

I know what you mean. I did that in C4 today (it wasn't so much as reading it wrongly, as just being an idiot. I integrated something I was meant to differentiate :eek:), and in my French Unit 5 (we were meant to talk specifically about a mini-scene within a scene (and I wrote about the whole bloody scene because I misread it :eek:). What was your mistake?
Reply 16
So many superstitious people on here :tongue:
Reply 17
I really can't,I know they'll be ****
Reply 18
maxfire
Wow you've rly put some thought into that.

Instead of predicting exact UMS...

Maths AQA
C3 - Good
M1 - Okay
S1 - Good
FP1 - Okay

Edexcel Biology Unit 2 - Pretty good

Physics AQA Unit 2 - Good

Though I underestimate myself a lot.
So I don't rly know at all :'D

You have no idea! I've got a spreadsheet made and I keep playing around with different scores in different modules to see how I would do! It's all I think about at the moment, and as a perennially lazy student, it's probably a good thing that I'm actually taking the time to care about my academia for once! :woo:
KiiNGofLONDON

Mathematics (Edexcel):

C1 - 92/100
C2 - 90/100
S1 - 80/100
S2 - 73/100
C3 - 78/100 (100/100)
C4 - (80/100)

Projected UMS - 515/600 = A

When i calculated ur maths it worked out to be 493/600? How comes, do they increase the projected UMS or something?

Latest