The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
Earliest lecture you'll have is 9:15. First term timetables wont be online until September so I don't know how many lectures you'll have but it shouldn't be too bad for first year.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, don't expect to get the timetable until September.

The timetables this year are likely to look quite different to last year's. There is a distinct lack of teaching space at the moment due to one building being more or less shut to allow a new building which will connect to it to be constructed, and the staff whose offices were in that building have temporarily moved into the classrooms in another building.

Each of the other schools has had to give up a room or two so I understand that in some areas teaching will go on through to 6.15 to make best use of what space is available. Hopefully the timetablers will be able to spread the late finishes around, but the timetable is a nightmare of a job to compile.
Reply 3
Knowing how dense the timetabling lot were when I was there I wouldn't get my hopes up of them doing a good job.
Reply 4
wot anth said. in my first year they 'forgot' to put on 3 lectures. so for the first week, we missed the first three lectures of three different modules. they only told us on the monday of week 2.
Reply 5
Lab timetables were pretty much useless for us. Lecturers double booked, expecting us to get from the local college to the uni for non-existent labs and basically not communicating with the lecturers were classics from my course.

Latest

Trending

Trending