The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

saoirse
Am curious. Is it hard to do well in a dissertation at your uni?

Wish I knew! Just a matter of days now...
Reply 2
2:1 - only half a grade point of a first tho :smile: - but my presentation was shocking - it was full of spelling mistakes and errors and was given in a day late so im counting myself lucky! At my uni most people say in order to get a first in a dissertation it has to be of publishing standard and very original but to get a third it has to be absolutely diabolical - so I think most people generally get middle of the road 2:1/2:2
Reply 3
71% Was well shocked.
A first - 74.
Reply 5
I am waiting for my result , it should come out tommorow or monday.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Reply 8
A 2:1 (65) with the practical element being of a standard that meant my course leader was trying to get me to publish it, and the written report element not so much.
Come on, you're asking on TSR forums. Everyone gets firsts round here lol.
58%

Then again, I only consulted my supervisor once during the year, and I got a 2.1 on my degree, so I don't care.
Reply 11
87; submitted to the Royal Geog Soc Historical & Cultural Research group for a prize. Supervisor says with a few changes I could get it published in journals
Reply 12
I got 69% (2:1) and a 2:1 overall as well (mechanical engineering) so was quite pleased.
I got an A.
Yeah, my uni uses A, B, C etc instead of percentages.
Reply 14
70% - three weeks well spent! Obviously the supervisor liked it even if I only met him once and duly ignored all of his suggestions. Was very surprised by the grade though.
70% I only met my supervisor once and not a single person read it before I handed it in. Was definitely shocked!
Reply 16
I did two - 8000 word essays, got a 70 and a 77, this is for history
69.1%...got a 2.1 overall. I did work on it for almost a whole year though.
Reply 18
70- wrote most of it in the three days before it was due in, only saw supervisor a couple of times for 10 mins or so...so was surprised as I thought I wouldn't have even got 60 for it. Got a 2.1 overall.
Reply 19
1st

Couldnt have a social life though

Latest

Trending

Trending