The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I think cartmel's probably the most like that. It's in southwest, so you're not gonna get too many people going past at silly o clock, and the bar's nice + chilled + relaxing.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
xprincessx
I think cartmel's probably the most like that. It's in southwest, so you're not gonna get too many people going past at silly o clock, and the bar's nice + chilled + relaxing.

But when it gets to around half past silly things tend to kick up a bit..:rofl2:

I have applied for cartmel but I have also been told it doesnt matter which college you apply to, and to ignore the stereotypes (cartmel = boring, fylde = sporty)
Reply 3
oh_adele
I like an easy life, I don't want to live somewhere that's :woo: :eek3: 24/7, so which is the smallest or quietest college at Lancs?

I think the quitest would probably be County, as its the furtherst north with Bowland and out of the way as opposed to all the others in that block at the south of the campus. I went for Grizedale :biggrin:
http://www.axos-interactive.co.uk/lancaster/campusmap.asp
hope that helps! i can't wait to go to lancaster!
Reply 4
I think the smallest is Furness, the quietest is reckoned to be Cartmel. I have been in Cartmel 3 years. It is quiet in the daytime, some evenings are quiet and others are just as mad as any other uni residence.
People have daft times in the corridors and kitchens (chair jousting anyone?), go out and come back late, loud and drunk. Just as you would expect living with students! This week is quite mad with Grad Ball and Extravs.
Having said which, I am a quiet type, I need my sleep, and I have been very happy and settled here. I can recommend Cartmel.
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/accommodation/guidetothecolleges.pdf This guide details information about the college and the last paragraph of each page talks about bed spaces, which gives some indication of size [although, of course, people are still members of college when they live off campus]. :smile:
Reply 6
metters
I think the quitest would probably be County, as its the furtherst north with Bowland and out of the way as opposed to all the others in that block at the south of the campus. I went for Grizedale :biggrin:
http://www.axos-interactive.co.uk/lancaster/campusmap.asp
hope that helps! i can't wait to go to lancaster!

County's the biggest college though, so you'd still have quite a lot of people going past

Woo Grizedale :biggrin:
County bar tends to be very loud... I like a little way off from it, and can often hear it... Cartmel probably is in the quietest area, or Lonsdale, since they are the furthest out, and almost always quiet during the day, and a good bit quieter than main campus at night....
Bowland is actually the smallest College I believe, and because of that does tend to have heaps of College spirit - however it does have a mix of accommodation which could see you getting lumped in rather old Standard accommodation in Ash House, where things have seen better days :smile: As everyone else has mentioned if you are wanting a quieter life then probably head down to Lonsdale or Cartmel in South West, they are a little off main campus, and you won't get the hustle and bustle of main campus travellers and drunken louts trying to find their way home from the Underpass, disturbing you :P
Reply 9
Trust me when I say County is not the quietest college! I lived next to the tree and saw all manner of spectacle at night! It was awesome!!! I'm a deep sleeper though so most of time I was either amused or asleep! :yep: I'm living there again next year!

Latest

Trending

Trending