The Student Room Group

Do I really have a chance at Pharmacy?

All I'm doing is reposting a previous thread I had made a day ago, in an attempt to get more advice on this as I had to wait an hour for 1 response. However, I realise now that that was probably because I posted in the wrong part of the forums. Anyway, here goes.

I wanna do Pharmacy at uni and I've just finished my AS exams.
I got CDD in the Jan modules. If I were to get BBB in June and be given predicted grades by my teachers of BBB or ABB, would I still have a chance at getting into Pharmacy courses that have a BBB/ABB/AAB entry requirements?

I am currently doing Biology,Chemistry,Music and Maths Stats. My Maths grade is currently at a D from Jan which I probably won't be carrying on next year.

As much help as possible would be nice please, thanks.
Reply 1
If you have the predicted grades that match their offers then they are going to consider you. An offer of AAB may still consider you with predicted grades of ABB, you would have to contact the school. That's all the advice i can give since thats all you need to know:s-smilie:
Reply 2
DCalfine
All I'm doing is reposting a previous thread I had made a day ago, in an attempt to get more advice on this as I had to wait an hour for 1 response. However, I realise now that that was probably because I posted in the wrong part of the forums. Anyway, here goes.

I wanna do Pharmacy at uni and I've just finished my AS exams.
I got CDD in the Jan modules. If I were to get BBB in June and be given predicted grades by my teachers of BBB or ABB, would I still have a chance at getting into Pharmacy courses that have a BBB/ABB/AAB entry requirements?

I am currently doing Biology,Chemistry,Music and Maths Stats. My Maths grade is currently at a D from Jan which I probably won't be carrying on next year.

As much help as possible would be nice please, thanks.

If you can somehow get 320 points, including a B in chemistry, you can get into Brighton, Portsmouth and Reading....?
Reply 3
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. :smile:
Reply 4
OMG if you get BBB this summer then you can apply wherever you want. You can probably get into brighton, portsmouth, reading, kingston and hertfordshire with pretty rubbish grades as long as your chem prediction is at least a B.

I just wanna say some people try to make out that getting into certain unis doing certain courses is harder than it really is. WHATEVER grades you get this summer you can get into pharmacy as long as you are willing to put in the effort at A2 by doing resits if you have to and working hard. I have a friend who got pretty rubbish AS grades including a D in chem but got predicted BBB and got an offer to do pharmacy at LSOP after interview. But that's not even the amazing thing, he was applying to do dentistry for his other 4 choices so his personal statement was for dentistry!

Trust me, you don't just have a chance, you got a very good chance of doing it somewhere prestigious. Work on your personal statement and work experience this summer though. Make your personal statement perfect. Good luck.
Reply 5
You can get into some unis on BBB so i would give it a shot, jus be prepared to do retakes and work hard. Some work experience would also help you. Good Luck.
Reply 6
wow, thanks. Any tips on getting work experience. I've been looking everywhere for it but I'm not sure how to do it successfully. Boots has already sent me to their website with no avail so anyone????
Reply 7
Last year I got into Reading uni with BCC with a C in Chemistry. You should ring to check if the amount of points includes AS results.

You could just ask your local pharmacy if they'll take you? Big companies such as boots tescos and lloyds will have a few people going for a work placement place
Reply 8
DCalfine
wow, thanks. Any tips on getting work experience. I've been looking everywhere for it but I'm not sure how to do it successfully. Boots has already sent me to their website with no avail so anyone????

Go to yell.com and type in your postcode and search for pharmacies near you. Ring every single one of them systematically until one says yes. Superstores like Boots are probably harder to get unless you know someone.
Reply 9
Tesco pharmacy do work experince and you can try local hospitals too, to see if they can accomadate you. I am lucky as i have managed to secure both community and hospital pharmacy experience but i only did it by ringing round everywhere i could get a number for. If your school/college etc has a work experience coordinater see what contacts they have
Reply 10
yell.com it is then. thanks for the help. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending