The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no, but who cares about ucas points.
Reply 2
Are you doing just A-level Maths or are you doing AS/A2 Further Maths as well? If you're only doing A-level Maths, M2 can be put in place of another module (assuming you've done M1), but M3 and M4 are only Further Maths modules. So, for example, if you were doing C1-4 S1 M1 and you didn't do well in S1 but you did in M2, they would replace S1 by M2.

You won't get any extra UCAS points for doing surplus modules but, like Chewwy says, who cares about them? :p:
Reply 3
thanks nuodai just what i wanted to know, i have done my A level finished it a year early so want something to do. I don't really care about ucas points either, was planning on doing M2 M3 and maybe M4 if i have time.
Maths: C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 D1
Further Maths: FP1 FP2 FP3 FP4 D2 S1
Reply 4
operationx-ray
thanks nuodai just what i wanted to know, i have done my A level finished it a year early so want something to do. I don't really care about ucas points either, was planning on doing M2 M3 and maybe M4 if i have time.

Are you on AQA? I'm not sure, but they might offer "Additional Further Maths", in which case M2-4 would give you AS AFM (which would give you UCAS points). I'm not 100% sure if AQA offers it though; I know Edexcel and OCR MEI do though.
Reply 5
I Am On Aqa
nuodai
Are you on AQA? I'm not sure, but they might offer "Additional Further Maths", in which case M2-4 would give you AS AFM (which would give you UCAS points). I'm not 100% sure if AQA offers it though; I know Edexcel and OCR MEI do though.

This is only useful to those who have full A levels in both maths and further maths.
Reply 7
If its not going to get in the way of your other subjects, you may as well.
Reply 8
Good bloke
This is only useful to those who have full A levels in both maths and further maths.

He does:
operationx-ray

Latest