The Student Room Group

Anyone esle write out their personal statement and realise how boring you are?

I've started writing notes to include in my PS and have looked on the internet for PS examples and compared to them I've realised how boring I am!
I do no extra-curricular activies, no extra qualifications and done no voluntarty work (althouh i'm going to try that in the holidays)
The only thing partly interesting is that I have two part time jobs lol :rolleyes:

Anyone else think they have a boring PS so I don't feel so bad about mine? :smile:
Mine was too formal, unexciting and portraying of me as a boring personality who had done nothing with their life but attempt to write the statement hundreds of times. It couldn't have been closer to the truth back then.

Don't lose too much sleep over the extra-curricular side of things. It does tend to be a help having them on there (sometimes a great help, sometimes none whatsoever), but not all of us found the ability, the motivation and just as importantly, the money to go and become the stereotypical all-rounder. At the same time, don't write off the fact that you have had two part-time jobs, there is undoubtedly something interesting that you can say about them and paid work can be just as beneficial to you as some sporting position or the like. If PS examples from the internet are suggesting you are boring, take the time to look a little closer at them and be thankful that you aren't quite as pretentious and irritating as a few of these students really come across as.

Latest

Trending

Trending