The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

-Sian-
I don't want either! I don't have ANY notes on ethnicity and can't remember doing gender.

I was about to agree with you there...

...but then I realised that I would have agreed with the above sentence no matter which C&d topics were substituted for 'ethnicity' and 'gender'...

...and then I became simply to depressed by my ignorance to bother noting my agreement...

...then thought I should probably go revise, so I'm less stupid come the exam...

...but then...well I'm too depressed after my philos exam today...

Zarathustra *not the happiest of bunnies*
lawrence4
ps peacy do you really get messages from God?

Don't be so ridiculous.

Peacey IS God :eek:
Aww Z! You're a philosophy goddess!! I had a duff geography exam today actually, and I am *supposed* to be good at that.

I can't do any C & D except suicide and subcultures!
Reply 43
-Sian-
Aww Z! You're a philosophy goddess!! I had a duff geography exam today actually, and I am *supposed* to be good at that.

I can't do any C & D except suicide and subcultures!

Suicide is the ultimate deviant act, I genuinely found it quite interesting :smile:
lawrence4
Suicide is the ultimate deviant act, I genuinely found it quite interesting :smile:

I find suicide interesting too, which is why I know it! :smile: Ditto subcultures.
Reply 45
Zarathustra
Peacey IS God :eek:

hehe. BOW BEFORE ME PUNY MORTALS FOR I AM YOUR ALMIGHTY!

Zarathustra
Zarathustra *not the happiest of bunnies*

:frown: Be happy... here is a link to a colouring in picture to cheer you up! :redface:
Reply 46
i am dreading this modules, i only need 25 ums marks to get a C for socio, and iv got unit 4 and 6 to try and get them in, but to be honest am capable of an A and would be gutted if didn't get a B.
Im defo gona revise ethnicity, every seems to think its gona come up!
Reply 47
Does anyone think women are going to come up?
Reply 48
dudey_cool
Does anyone think women are going to come up?

Not likely, as gender was the essay on the January 2005 paper.
Reply 49
Hey is anyone doin the theoy and methods exam AQA 2 moro? ne ideas on what essays and question topics will be asked? thank
Claire x
Reply 50
Peacey
Mystic Peacey predicts...
Value freedom or Sociology as a Science
Postmodernism

:rolleyes: S..TRIKE!
My friend is doing that methods exam tomorrow morning *texts her the questions*
Reply 52
[FONT=Arial]i had my exam this afternoon at 3 - it was so late but science came up which was reli good and the short question were pretty easy, how'd did every1 find it? :smile:
Reply 53
Hey, would anyone hav an idea of what topics are likely to com up for the essay question? i havnt revisd yet but i really need to start, we don't get a choice of an essay question like we did in methods do we? thanks :smile:
Reply 54
Most likely will be-
1) Ethnicity
2) New Criminology
3) Interactionism

Probably not gender as it came up in January from what people are saying?

Anyone anymore suggestions please post them up! :smile:
Reply 55
lawrence4
Most likely will be-
1) Ethnicity
2) New Criminology
3) Interactionism

Probably not gender as it came up in January from what people are saying?

Anyone anymore suggestions please post them up! :smile:

That's what I've been told.

Ethnicity fine, I can do a big essay plan on it, but for the other two I am struggling with.

Any advice?
If it's ethnicity I am doomed. Well, that is unless I actually do some sociology work before the 29th...
Reply 57
My teacher reckons something on "white-collar" crime will come up for one of the smaller questions.
Ooh cool, me likes white-collar :biggrin:
Reply 59
Yeah, I'd prefer a question on that then Interactionism. And there are plenty of synoptic links:
Wealth, Welfare, Poverty; poor distribution of wealth, power of rich, etc
Methods; less able to catch as white collar crime is less visible; fraud, etc
Power and Politics; benefits of power, criminal law protects wealthy
Work and Leisure; work provides opportunities to commit crime
Mass Media; emphasis on 'heavy' criminal acts (murder, rape, etc) means less focus on white collar crime

Latest

Trending

Trending