The Student Room Group

Moving in date

For my college (Pembroke) the day we move in is Sunday the 4th of October (:woo: ), but I have noticed in this forum a few different days that people are moving in on.
Which day are you moving in on and which college is that for?
And does anyone know why each college is different?
Do you think those of us moving in a few days later are going to miss out on anything?

I'm a fresher btw, obviously!
Sorry if this thread has been done before, I did use the search thingumajig, but couldn't find any.
Reply 1
The variance isn't more than a couple of days I don't think. From what I recall the day I'd be moving in is Saturday 3rd, and since I live far away I probably won't get there until later on in the day, so I'll barely even be awake before the people arriving on the Sunday get there.
Reply 2
Presumably it reduces congestion if nothing else.
Reply 3
All the new freshers move in that weekend pretty much. It's a horrible, horrible weekend.
Reply 4
Yeah. Everyone moves in that weekend, and given how small it is and how inaccessible most of the colleges are, it would be impossible to have everyone moving in on the same day. As freshers activities are organised by individual colleges it won't affect anything in that respect.
Reply 5
Where can you find the moving in date for your college?
Reply 6
Yeah, are they meant to have sent something to us? Mine has sent me absolutely nothing since the letter giving me the offer :s-smilie:
Reply 7
fumblewomble
Most colleges won't send out info pack yet - the places aren't confirmed until the A level results are out. Plus they have to wait for things to be arranged (e.g. the freshers' week timetable) before they can send them out to you. Most colleges will send out the info packs in September.

Thanks... gosh it is all going to happen so fast!
Reply 8
Colleges all send things at different times. My college only sent almost all the info two weeks prior to us coming. So if you don't hear anything, just sit tight and be patient rather than panicking or annoying the admin staff with premature questions.
Reply 9
Firstly, they won't send anything until places are confirmed - when your exams results are released.

Secondly, it's almost definitely going to be the 3rd/4th of October.
Reply 10
I was told the 3rd October for New Hall.
mfb3000
Firstly, they won't send anything until places are confirmed - when your exams results are released.

Secondly, it's almost definitely going to be the 3rd/4th of October.

Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending