The Student Room Group

Japan and Cuba, Comparing a MEDC with a LEDC

Okay, this is really causing me problems. We have an independant study unit on japan, and how it has defied the odds to become one of the worlds richest countries. Yet when it comes to comparing it with a LEDC like cuba, i can't find anything to help me. I tried posting in the geography section, but to no avail, can anyone here help me? This is really being a pain, i ahve a general understanding of what problems Cuba faces, as i have been there on a holiday previously, thus my choice of comparing Japan with Cuba. But i only understand the differences between Jobs, birth rates and death rates, and the salaries. Not much to base part of my project on. So if someone has any ideas, please help!

XxXflickXxX

just for the record, a MEDC is a more economically developed country and a LEDC is a less economically developed country.
Reply 1
How about the industry in Japan and the standard of living they have there? Also how the MEDCs lend LEDCs money and gain interest. The industry in Cuba, cash crops maybe where they have to sell the crops to rich countries when many people are starving in Cuba. I don't know to much about Cuba as I have Bangladesh as my case study. Anything to do with war?

Latest

Trending

Trending