Reply 1
yes.
depends what position the person is at?
Reply 3
shouldn't but inevitably will..
Yes.
Where I work it does.
Reply 6
Yeah...at McDonalds (lol), one of the managers sons worked there and he was crap.. but they would not fire him because he was the managers son.
Its called networking, and generally works in someone's favour.
Reply 8
Yes, I didn't need an interview either
When you apply for banking and law jobs one of the compulsory questions is whether you have a contact at the firm. Nepotism at its most obvious. Having just graduated from Durham and seeing what people are doing after their degrees it is very clear that what daddy does or who your family knows is a massive contributory factor to getting into the best jobs.
Reply 10
Ye i got my job in a pub because we used to go in there a lot and were friendly with the landlord.
It's all about who you know these days as jobs are so difficult to come by
Reply 11
Yes it will
Reply 12
So say I were applying for a job (it's not me, it's someone else, but hypothetically!), and my brother worked there (just as a shelf stacker) would it mean I am less likeky or more likely to get the job?
nuraxis
So say I were applying for a job (it's not me, it's someone else, but hypothetically!), and my brother worked there (just as a shelf stacker) would it mean I am less likeky or more likely to get the job?

More likely, I imagine. Where I work they hire people's siblings a lot, and I think they hired me because I had friends there.

Latest

Trending

Trending