The Student Room Group

Can I do it?

Ok, here's the scenario. I have 12 days until the rest of my AS level exams (3 units of biology on June 6th and 3 units of chemistry on June 8th, along with 2 units of history on June 8th). I haven't done any coursework (don't worry we weren't supposed to), and the exams I've done already I haven't had any major mess ups (except chemistry practical) I don't think (hope). I have done some revision, but no great amount. I pretty much understand most of the stuff (not too good on organic chemistry - Unit 2). Now, the question is, can I achieve my (personal) targets of A (History), A (Biology), B (Chemistry) and A (English - already taken all of the exams)? That is, if I revise hard during these 12 days? :p: . Vote above and I'll prove you all wrong/right in August . . . :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: Or, basically what my question actually is, could anyone in this situation do it, not specifically me.

EDIT: Can't seem to change the thread title or poll question. :redface:
Reply 1
yeah i guess you could! if you understand it then that's half the battle! be happy you've only got 3 subjects to do as oppossed to what i have which is 8 more GCSEs and AS Latin, i just did my english lit today!! my plan during half term is to start revision at 6am (i know its damn early but i need to!) and then end at 8pm (with short breaks) everyday. just revise your arse off these next 12 days and only really focus on stuff you're not sure of.

good luck
lizzie
Reply 2
Hell, yes! I've got about 12 days until my Business and Politics exams, and I'm not doing a thing until Thursday. And I want straight As. :smile:
Reply 3
Yes, definately. I've had it much worse than that.
Can we bet on this?
Reply 5
sherunsaway
Can we bet on this?

If you want :p:
Reply 6
I bet "yes" - for no money, just pride :biggrin:.
Reply 7
Quite frankly I think this a pointless topic. Of course you can manage it, with ease. If you had said I have one day to start and finish revision for two subjects the next day (my situation last Thursday) I would have understood, yet I still managed it. You have 12 days! *sighs*
Reply 8
Definitely. I'm all for last minute cramming sessions the day or two before!
I did my entire AS history revision two days before the exam - so yeah, it can be done (and done well too).
mobb_theprequel
I did my entire AS history revision two days before the exam - so yeah, it can be done (and done well too).

That makes me feel better about the fact that I haven't done any yet and my exams are on the 8th of June lol :redface:
of course u can do wateva u set ur mind on. After all it has been proven that u work harder therefore gain more info when ur under stress! but don't get me wrong, don't wait till the last minute, and DONT panic!! anything is possible, i am also doing chemistry as wel as bio, i used to have lack of confidence in chem, but i am aiming for straight A's for my subjects, after all u have to aim for the best to get the best! :smile:
Reply 12
Yes you can. Go for it. Good luck :smile:
Reply 13
plz help me
u know my previouse centre has not decline my grade and they r still not doing it after i have said them so many times.they r against me coz i left their school.
plz tell me wot can i do if they didn't decline i would left with no certification of A level chemistry.
my uni offer is A level chemtry at A grade.but wot would happen
plz if any1 of u have any advice .tell me how can i sort out this problem.coz talking to my previouse centre is no hope
so any advice will be helpful
could any other centre decline my grade?
plz pm me
Reply 14
MolsakaG
Ok, here's the scenario. I have 12 days until the rest of my AS level exams (3 units of biology on June 6th and 3 units of chemistry on June 8th, along with 2 units of history on June 8th). I haven't done any coursework (don't worry we weren't supposed to), and the exams I've done already I haven't had any major mess ups (except chemistry practical) I don't think (hope). I have done some revision, but no great amount. I pretty much understand most of the stuff (not too good on organic chemistry - Unit 2). Now, the question is, can I achieve my (personal) targets of A (History), A (Biology), B (Chemistry) and A (English - already taken all of the exams)? That is, if I revise hard during these 12 days? :p: . Vote above and I'll prove you all wrong/right in August . . . :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: Or, basically what my question actually is, could anyone in this situation do it, not specifically me.

EDIT: Can't seem to change the thread title or poll question. :redface:

a simple answer to your question: abso-bloody-lutely!

just work really really hard for the days up until the exam, and all you can do is your best. I'm in a similar postition for 2 exams (History and Politics) next week, so am trying to keep positive. You should be positive too... good luck!
Yes, it can be done if you yourself believe you can do it. Don't go into the exam room with a loser's attitude, go in and do your best.

You have plenty of time to revise, just pace yourself. Good luck :smile:
Reply 16
I'm sure you will do fine. :smile: Just revise for a long time each day during the half term, and you will be fine. I'm in the same situation, as I have exams next week. Therefore, I am studying everyday for about half a day or maybe a whole day if I need to (with rests).

I can tell that you are a smart student as you have good grades at AS. I'm sure you can have an A at A2. Good luck with the exams.
You can do it!
cut his ******* head off.

What movie? :biggrin:
last year i had 9 hours of exams in 24hrs. 3 one day, 6 the next.

you'll be glad when its over, thats all i can say!
uhh... dont mean to be rude, but i think you should get revising rather than starting a bloody poll!

Latest