The Student Room Group

Fifth of the European Union will be muslim by 2050

Britain, Spain and Holland will have an even higher proportion of Muslims in a shorter amount of time, an investigation by The Telegraph shows.

Last year, five per cent of the total population of the 27 EU countries was Muslim. But rising levels of immigration from Muslim countries and low birth rates among Europe's indigenous population mean that, by 2050, the figure will be 20 per cent, according to forecasts.

Data gathered from various sources indicate that Britain, Spain and Holland will have an even higher proportion of Muslims in a shorter amount of time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...m-by-2005.html

Scroll to see replies

So?

Does that assume Turkey joins?
Reply 2
AnythingButChardonnay
So?

Does that assume Turkey joins?

No, its a projection of the Muslim birth rate in Europe.

I don't want to live in a Europe where 20% of the population is Muslim. We have enough trouble with them as it is.
Reply 3
What is your point, or rather what is their point? Trying to get people to worry about nothing.
Reply 4
That doesn't seem bad.

And we have no way of knowing how birth rates may fluctuate over the next forty years.
crusading

I don't want to live in a Europe where 20% of the population is Muslim. We have enough trouble with them as it is.

Well surely Turkey's possible (probable?) membership by 2050 is a very important consideration!
Reply 6
So? That will make the other 4/5 of Europeans non-Muslims.

I'm getting sick of these 'Eurabia' conspiracy theory threads.
Reply 7
AnythingButChardonnay
Well surely Turkey's possible (probable?) membership by 2050 is a very important consideration!

I think they'd give up if they don't get in by 2050! :biggrin:

I would expect Turkey to join in a couple of years if they manage to meet the EU's requirements....
crusading

What are you going to do about it?

Does it really matter if 20% of the population have different religious beliefs to you? I smell an intolerant bigot.
bigmo7

I would expect Turkey to join in a couple of years if they manage to meet the EU's requirements....

Will the EU even exist by then?

40 years is a bloody long time.
Morten
That doesn't seem bad.

And we have no way of knowing how birth rates may fluctuate over the next forty years.

:ditto:
crusading

Can you expand on that, please?
Reply 12
AnythingButChardonnay
Will the EU even exist by then?

40 years is a bloody long time.

Will we survive that long? :awesome:

40 years is a very long time indeed...I'll be old by then :biggrin:
OH NOEZZZZ :eek3:

I don't care, if I am being brutally honest. So what? If you don't like it, go elsewhere, because pricks like yourself are not needed.
Reply 14
ArtGoblin
Can you expand on that, please?

Look at his rep compared to his posts....I don't think arguing with someone like him is really going to help :smile:
Reply 15
Riquelminho
What are you going to do about it?

Does it really matter if 20% of the population have different religious beliefs to you? I smell an intolerant bigot.

I have no problem if Europe was made up of 20% Sikhs or Hindus. I am disgusted with the possibility of 20% of my European homeland being made up of Muslims. A people so alien and different to us that it threatens our existence. Your people have a track record of not integrating and imposing your disgusting beliefs on us.

Muslims belong on muslim countries, muslims do not belong in secular, democratic europe. You are an insult to everything my ancestors fought for.
Reply 16
In 40 years time I will be living on the moon. See. I made a projection based on nothing really. Current birth rates will not be the same to those in 10 years time, let alone 20 or 30. And even if this comes true and you are as scared as you seem to be, you can just move cant you? Hell, if you want Ill reserve a place for you in the moon.
Reply 17
SpiritedAway
OH NOEZZZZ :eek3:

I don't care, if I am being brutally honest. So what? If you don't like it, go elsewhere, because pricks like yourself are not needed.

But where are you going to go when we've taken over? :devil:

:smile:
bigmo7

Turkey have a long way to go to fully meet all the requirements of the Acquis Communautaire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Turkey_to_the_European_Union#Status_of_the_acquis_chapters
Reply 19
moneyballs2
Turkey have a long way to go to fully meet all the requirements of the Acquis Communautaire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Turkey_to_the_European_Union#Status_of_the_acquis_chapters

Guess it depends on how badly they want it...but they are making progress on some fronts...

And tbh looking at some of the requirements...some EU countries aren't exactly fulfilling them....

Latest

Trending

Trending